DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mic For Music

FASTFJR

Reactions
Hey Guys

I've been asked by a friend of mine to do some recording of their small band (2 acoustic guitarist and one singer). I'm looking for an external mic to use with my Osmo Pocket. I would like to spend under $100. Looking for any suggestions

Thanks

Hey Guys

I've been asked by a friend of mine to do some recording of their small band (2 acoustic guitarist and one singer). I'm looking for an external mic to use with my Osmo Pocket. I would like to spend under $100. Looking for any suggestions

Thanks
Recording live music is difficult without a good deal of equipment. Ideally, each instrument and vocalist are recorded with a separate microphone. You then route those to a mixing console and send the final mix to the camera. This isn’t something you’re going to pull off for $100.

If you want to record the band with one microphone in the $100 range, you’ll need a couple of things:

This adapter allows you to use a 3.5mm TRS input with your Osmo Pocket.

This microphone will give you decent quality audio and is a respected brand.

I have been doing live sound reinforcement and live broadcast audio mixing for over 15 years. As I mentioned, recording live musical performances is tricky. The two pieces of gear I’ve listed will not give you a professional quality recording but may be passable for your friends.

Let me know how it goes and if I can offer any assistance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27