DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD card reader

There isn't that much difference between them. Just make sure that your card-reader meets the USB standard that you have at your computer's USB ports. If your ports are limited to USB 2, it won't do you any good to have a reader that supports USB 3.x. It works the same the other way around, and the slowest bottleneck in your USB system will control the data rate.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
The one I use is no longer available on Amazon, but this one is very similar:

1607692108789.jpeg

There isn't that much difference between them. Just make sure that your card-reader meets the USB standard that you have at your computer's USB ports. If your ports are limited to USB 2, it won't do you any good to have a reader that supports USB 3.x. It works the same the other way around, and the slowest bottleneck in your USB system will control the data rate.
But if he gets a USB 3 reader, he'll be good to go when he gets a PC with USB 3.
USB 3 is compatible with USB 2 in both directions.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
But if he gets a USB 3 reader, he'll be good to go when he gets a PC with USB 3.
USB 3 is compatible with USB 2 in both directions.
True... but it only makes sense if he is planning to upgrade the computer fairly soon. Prices come down so quickly as technology changes that getting a cheap usb2 reader now might make sense. If the upgrade is a year down the road, that really fast card reader might be pretty inexpensive then.

Still, in the scheme of things, card readers, even the very fast ones are all pretty inexpensive.

USB 3 card readers aren't expensive. Price shouldn't be a factor these days.

5 years ago maybe it would have mattered.

I have one from ugreen, it is a multi for all kinds of cards. Has fast usb 3.0 and is small enough to take on travel and you can use it on android aswel. Ordered it from amazon i think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201216-094058_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20201216-094058_AliExpress.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and get more than one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929