DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD question

Salty Sam

Reactions
I am a relatively new member currently flying a Mavic Mini and a Mavic 2 Pro and loving it. I have recently purchased an OSMO + to augment my video capabilities. The user manual says the Micro SD Card MAX Capacity 64 GB Class 10. I have several 128 GB V30 SD cards that I use on the drones. I have tried one of these for a short video in the OSMO and it seemed to work. Does anyone know if there is a down side to using a higher capacity SD Card in the OSMO + ?

Generally documentation says what was tested at the time
Windows doesn't like FAT-32 volumes bigger than 32GB, but it would be unusual for something to support exFAT as a file system and limit it to 64GB. I'd try it and see. The only downside is how much you might have on one card without backing it up.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Thank you for the reply. I guess I will use a 64 GB card when I am doing video that I really need and play around with the 128 to see if there is a problem.

Besides the cost and work required to keep files organized, don't see a down side. Do you use a pelican case, or physical storage box to keep your micro SD cards straight? How do you like that OSMO?

Typically I down load the files from the SD Card after each day of flying. Normally I have a card 1 and a card 2 so organization isn’t not a big issue.
I have the OSMO Plus with zoom capabilities and I love it. Let’s me do some low level in close shots on construction projects without crashing one of my birds.

I would assume that you formatted the SD card in the Drone if not please do so as I have had glitches in the past using larger micro SD cards. Once I have established that there are no read/write problems or buffer issues, then I would suggest that you are home and dry.
For money shots I always use known brands and Pro level cards as they are far more robust both electronically and physically. You can typically see problems coming as chopping in the top right or banding

Being a creature of habit, I use the SanDisk Extreme Plus 128 GB V30. I have used the SanDisk in my Nikon DSLR as well as both the Mavic Mini and my Mavic 2 Pro without any difficulties. If there is a better SD Card please let me know and I will consider upgrading. Always willing to listen and learn.

Reactions: gpchoochoo
Always willing to listen and learn
Funny that is how I am, I would much rather be told I am wrong and learn what is right than think I was right when really I was wrong ! But a lot of folks aint like that are they. Hey Salty Sam you aint the one trying to stuff Sweet Sue in a burlap sack are ya ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada