DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

microSD slot and USB microSD reader

eEridani

Reactions
Hey - I have a 128GB Samsung SD card, and a 256GB Samsung SD card in a USB reader.

Plugging in the 128GB SD card to the controller, the SD card shows up as Samsung SD card, it wants me to use the card as primary storage with a restart. Ok - did that. The File Manager sees it and can copy files to and from internal storage to the SD card.

Now I want to transfer files via USB stick. I plug in my USB (with 256GB Samsung SD card in it). Now, File Manger is showing two Samsung SD cards. But, When I copy from internal storage and select what I think is the USB 256GB SD card, the files are instead copied to the 128GB SD card. I can't figure out how to copy from internal storage or the 128GB SD to the USB 256GB SD card.

Remove the 128GB SD and revert to all internal, I can then copy to the USB drive.

Is the USB drive shared with the internal SD card slot?

Can you name the cards, either on the controller or on a computer? if so would the names show up on the controller?

I don't normally name SD cards. But might be worth trying. Today, moving files, the SC was calling the USB stick USB Samsung ... a bit different than yesterday's Samsung Sd duplicate - no changes on my end, either.

So -- IF the microSD is inserted FORTATTED and the SC is rebooted with the newly formatted SD card already inserted and the the SD is marked as Primary Storage AND the SC is rebooted, THEN you can insert a USB sick and see it appear as external storage you can move files to. In fact, you see internal storage, Samsung SD, and USB Drive in File Manager.

If you just insert the microSD and a USB stick, seems the controller gets confused. I didn't try to recreate the issue.

As another FYYI - maybe I am just a slow learner, but the Pop Up next to Formatting in the File Manager means EJECT.

So - insert an SD card.
Format it using Settings-Storage-<select the SD>-Formatting
Reboot
Accept the SD as primary storage.
Reboot
Now you can insert a USB drive and navigate all three memory locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580