DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 controller dimensions and leg size/shape compared to the MM1?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I just sold my Mini 1 moments ago with the idea that I'd replace it with the Mini2. I did not part with the Mini 1's case, one battery, gimbal hood and leg extenders. I'm curious as to the dimensions of the MM2 controller to see if I can modify my current case and would like to know if the MM1 leg extenders will fit on the legs of the MM2?

I'm debating between getting the basic MM2 and a battery and extra new props, being able to use existing chargers and maybe the case vs spending the extra $150 for the fly more, which would give me one extra battery a charger that I really don't need (as I have standalone charging adapters for the MM1 batteries) and a DJI case which I probably won't use. I have a case for my M2 pro which was too small for the M2 but a good size for my Mini 1. Any thoughts and perspective for those of you who have had a MM1 and now have a Mini 2?

Can’t help with the case per se, but I wrap my drone in a towel to place it in my OneMo backpack.

as far as whether to get the Flymore... check availability of loose batteries for sale. Many have found them unavailable currently.

Can’t help with the case per se, but I wrap my drone in a towel to place it in my OneMo backpack.

as far as whether to get the Flymore... check availability of loose batteries for sale. Many have found them unavailable currently.
Yeah... loose batteries and extra props currently in short supply. You'd think were were shopping for guns and ammo :). I thinking to bite the bullet and just get the fly more. I don't really need the charger and it wouldn't be a crime to have 4 batteries total. Perhaps the case wouldn't be a total waste of naugahide like the original Mini flymore case. The case that I got with my M2 Pro fly more was better suited to the Mini than the Mini case was for it's intended drone or the M2 case for it's drone. Perhaps I can use it to store my M2 chargers or some microphones or some other loose odds and ends I've collected from my various hobbies.

Thanks for your reply... But what are the dimensions of the controller and are the legs the same shape and diameter as the MM1? I'd really like to use the leg extensions from my MM1 as from day one getting the MM off its belly was a no brainer, especially because I like to mount a strobe on the bottom.

Bump...
Controller dimensions anyone? I can't see any listed on spec sheets anywhere.

I have a foam cutout in a Pelican case for the old MM and everything fits with the M2, very slightly wider and deeper but it fit, just more snug.

I'd say 47mm x 152mm x 103mm ?

I have a foam cutout in a Pelican case for the old MM and everything fits with the M2, very slightly wider and deeper but it fit, just more snug.

I'd say 47mm x 152mm x 103mm ?

Thank you so much. Ergo, in imperial measurement it would be roughly 4"x6"x 1.85". Edit: I just measured the opening in my old case, and the metric measurments are 143mm x 80mm. It appears that I'd have to cut out the foam entirely, if it the MM2 controller will fit at all. I just measured the case for my Mini1 (that I did not sell with the bundle) and it may be possible to salvage it for the Mini 2 but I'll probably have to cut away all the foam padding in that section so that it is up against the outer case. If I can do that it would be ok because I usually carry that case in my backpack. I'm sure there will be other options that will come along for the Mini 2. I can always get an Apache 2800 hard case for about $25 if more protection is needed.

I thinki DJI caught so many 3rd party mfrs/vendors by surprise. The Mini 1, then the leak then the quick release of the Mini 2. I saw an opportunity to unload my Mini 1 without taking too much of a bath, and hopefully can use most of the accessories I have for the Mini 1 that I didn't part with.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu