DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Crashed - Middle Frame Needs Replacement

flywoman

Reactions
Crashed my Mini 2. Mid frame needs to be replaced. Does anyone happen to know if the frame (in particular middle frame) for the Mavic Mini is identical to that of the Mini 2? Also, can I trust getting a quality frame on Ebay?

To replace the middle frame I think your going to have to desolder/resolder the motor wires which is a messy job.
Maybe get it done at a registered service center

To replace the middle frame I think your going to have to desolder/resolder the motor wires which is a messy job.
Maybe get it done at a registered service center

If you can soldering, it's easy, but you have to use a workstation with temperature control, because the isolation from the wire can melt if the temperature is too high. The upper body part is fragile, so order that also, and test everything before closing the housing

Thanks all. I was able to track down an OEM mid body specific to the Mini 2 online. Unit is already apart now. Not concerned about de-soldering/soldering the 12 connections for the motors.

Thanks all. I was able to track down an OEM mid body specific to the Mini 2 online. Unit is already apart now. Not concerned about de-soldering/soldering the 12 connections for the motors.
Plus the gimbal cables are taped on and the connectors are glued on so you need to be very careful when removing them as you can rip them off the boards if your not careful.

Plus the gimbal cables are stuck with on with backing tape and the connectors are glued on to stop vibration making them unclipped so you need to be very careful when removing them as you can rip them off the boards if your not careful.plus you need good eyes with all the miniaturisation dji has done a good magnifying. glasses or microscope just take your time.

Has anyone had the pleasure of trying to remove the front LED yet? This seems to be glued in tight.

I have to give respect to anyone wanting to take these things apart and put them back together again. DJI does not appear to make them easily serviced by the average consumer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato