DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - EZ Gimbal Cover Removal Method

DJayI

Reactions
I have seen quite a few people complain about removing the Mini 2's Gimbal cover, a complaint I formally shared. Sometimes I worried I might damage the gimbal removing the guard, it made me feel so ham-fisted.
Thankfully, there is an easy method.

Tools needed: One index finger, one thumb, both from the same hand. One different hand(but same operator) to hold the Mini 2. Mine have been working on the car, so they appear dirty and unkempt, but they are as clean as Fast Orange can get them folks.

As seen in the video,...
1.) Hold the Mini 2 upside down in one hand(the holding hand), gimbal end pointing towards you(this is very important). Note: Turning the Mini 2 upside down is only needed until you get a feel for it.
2.) Gently place(or stick) your index finger in to the Mini 2's finger relief.
3.) Place your thumb at the center of the top of the cover(which is now towards the bottom as the Mini 2 is upside down, if you are following the directions).
4.) Gently move your index finger towards the rear of the Mini 2, using your finger like a pry bar(a tiny delicate pry bar). The top of your index finger's fingernail will use the back of the Mini 2's finger relief as the fulcrum. I don't want to short change the index finger, it could do it alone, but the thumb prevents the cover from ending up on the floor. Besides, it is good example of team work folks.
Well, there you have it, turns out the gimbal cover removes very easily after all. No longer do I feel I am rolling the dice on the gimbal's safety just to remove guard.

SHOW LESS

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa