DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Firmware and DJI Fly version updates

UAVjohn

Reactions
My Mini 2 has not been flown for a long time. The current firmware version is 1.03.0000 and the DJI FLY version is 1.48. Before I wake it up:

1. Recommendations wanted on upgrading to current versions of hardware and software or keep the versions I have (which were working well last time it was flown.)

2. If I do upgrade to current version of DJI FLY (1.6.8), is it better to just upgrade over the installed version or uninstall it from my tablet (Lenovo M8, Android OS) then download it from DJI and install?

thanks for your recommendations.

If what you currently have works for you and you see nothing interesting in the new stuff, why change?
I'm on firmware version 1.03.0000 and the DJI FLY version 1.3.0 and have no complaints.
If you do upgrade, be aware, the storage location of the flight logs changed somewhere around app version.1.5.4, of course that may be of no interest to you.

I'm on FW 1.03.0000 and Fly app 1.5.10. Works great for me. Be aware that after a FW update the drone-hack certificate nolonger works.

Reactions: cc_jim
I'm on FW 1.03.0000 and Fly app 1.5.10. Works great for me. Be aware that after a FW update the drone-hack certificate no longer works.
but doesn't that start at a specific version and possibly from which you can not downgrade? .......or am I mixing up drone models?

Last edited:
Doesn

but doesn't that start at a specific version and possibly from which you can not downgrade? .......or am I mixing up drone models?
Looking at the DroneHack website (which gives recommended firmware versions), it doesn't seem like you couldn't downgrade from 1.03.00000 , in fact it's the recommended firmware for Mini 2 with the serial number starting with 3 (1.03.0009 for serial starting with 5), recommended in the sense that the hack will be able to work on it without issues.
Seems downgrade isn't possible from 1.04.0000 onward.

Didn't seem like it really changed anything for the mini 2, just added more support for the Mini 3 pro.
I updated and then flew about an hour today and nothing really changed other then I picked up 21 sats today in under 30 seconds. Tested most of the functionality including RTH and it continue to fly **** near perfect.

Probably just a fluke ;o)

Reactions: eva2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie