DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Gimbal Stuck After Flight Over Dusty Ground

KJ-Mini2

Reactions
Hi, I flew my Mini 2 out and about yesterday to go see what I could take a photo of, and I noted that my landing and takeoff spot was quite dusty with plenty of small pebbles and lost of dust and other debris. I turned it on today to send over some files and the gimbal got stuck during its finding itself routine, I looked closely and I have concluded that there is most likely a little something that got stuck in the part that turns my camera up and down, so vertically, controllable with the wheel on the controller. I'm not sure what I should do to clean it out, how can I get past that?

Thanks a lot for any help, and have an awesome day,

KJ

I'll answer any questions as best I can to help with more information and will send any media needed if possible!

Reactions: Cafguy
You need to use air only nothing that is liquid no cleaners of any kind If you have a small airbrush compressor those are best and dont use alot of pressure even those store bought cans are to much. just blow a little air in and rotate the gimbal carefully and slowly with your fingers and blow more air repeat for a long time and then turn the drone back on. Don't turn the Drone on again until you clean the gimbal, you can cause worse damage if it is already stuck. if that won't clear the error you will have to disassemble the gimbal and clean it. OR better yet just send it to DJI and they will send you a refurbed Drone.
P.S. Landing Pads are cheaper. just for thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark