DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 handover.

OldGuy

Reactions
This is a question for the tech guys. I am about to sell my Mini 2 as I now have the Mini 3 and don't see myself flying both. As I will sell the Mini 2 without the RC-N1 remote which I am using for the Mini 3 is there anything I should do to the drone itself before handing it over to someone else? In other words does the drone carry any personal information which I should somehow delete?

@OldGuy just remove the SD card from the drone ,you could if you wanted do a reset with the various settings that you presently use in the app ,as soon as the new owner links the drone to their E mail Account with their RC then none of your flight data will be visible to them
but the flight records that you have accrued will still be available to view if you want, as they are linked to your DJI account and E mail address

Definitely unbind the drone from your DJI account! Your purchaser will need to have it unbound to use with a different controller.

@OldGuy just remove the SD card from the drone ,you could if you wanted do a reset with the various settings that you presently use in the app ,as soon as the new owner links the drone to their E mail Account with their RC then none of your flight data will be visible to them
but the flight records that you have accrued will still be available to view if you want, as they are linked to your DJI account and E mail address
Thanks OMM. I will remember to remove the SD card also I will probably do a reset. Good to know that my flight records will still be available to me.

Reactions: old man mavic
Definitely unbind the drone from your DJI account! Your purchaser will need to have it unbound to use with a different controller.
Thanks. I know a young tech kid who usually helps me with this kind of detail.