DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Ipad Air 2020(4th Gen)

gbmarsh64

Reactions
After getting my Mini 2 in December and flying with my android phone, I decided to upgrade to a tablet. I have old eyes and found I was missing details on my phone screen that would have warranted closer inspection with the drone for better video. Being an android guy, I began searching online for the best tablet that had all the features needed to take full advantage of this great little drone... Well that was frustrating! I'm not anti Apple but having spent many years immersed in the android environment I was a bit nervous about switching to IOS and having to learn all of it's idiosyncrasies. Fast forward to today after researching all the Ipad offerings and deciding on the 2020 Ipad Air, I'm happy to report that this tablet is brilliant for the Mini 2! It has a beautiful 10.9" display that is easy to see in daylight and as for processing power it's a beast. The DJIFly app runs flawlessly and the video is smooth and lag free. Currently I'm using a tablet mount by Skyreat but I will be upgrading to a wrap around style mount as I'm worried about this one putting too much strain on the antennas of the controller. Overall I'm very happy to have made the switch and as of today I'm officially an Apple fan boy!

Welcome to the Apple it won’t be your last Apple purchase.

Having given up on Windows’ poor security and countless updates and needing a higher than 1920x1080 laptop screen, I went down the Apple path in 2012 and never looked back. Already an iPhone user for work and supporting Mac-based video editing systems, I found it an easy but occasionally frustrating switch not helped by still using Windows at work for laptop, desktop and servers.

Have yet to experience a single hardware failure in any Apple product but have a pile of now junk Windows laptops with various graphics and motherboard faults.

Reactions: jaybee2786
Which iPad did you buy and use? I can suggest as well a hood to shade your screen. You will love it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair