DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 is great value for money

BraveProgram

Reactions
I have owned the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, and Mavic Mini. When it was time for me to get a new drone, I held off in getting the MA2 as I expected the Mavic Mini 2 to come along in due time. Once it got released, I compared the two and based on that I was able to make my decision.

Sure, feature-wise the Mini 2 pales in comparison to the Mavic Air 2. However, it is definitely better than the original Mavic Mini, and is almost at par with the OG Mavic Pro. The Mini 2's main selling points are the 4k 30 fps video max frame rate and resolution, the ability to zoom, level 5 wind resistance, and, of course, OcuSync 2.0 transmission.

At almost twice the cost, the Mavic Air 2 is a great done, but the Mini 2 is just enough for someone who just wants to fly and take the occasional photo and video or two. It's not great for professional work (although I know a few people who do use the Mini 2 for professional footage), but it provides great value for the price.

Battery life, controls, and footage are good for this tiny affordable drone. In a few months, maybe I can add the Mavic Air 2 to my collection. Still, I don't regret getting the Mini 2 one bit. For those who want the best drone but are working on a budget, I can definitely recommend the DJI Mini 2.

You're right. The Mini 2 is a wonderful instrument for a lot of things. I have one (actually have had two) and have only one gripe: The C (Cinesmooth) mode. All the C mode does is slow down the top speed and gives you one more place to change the yaw rate, but it doesn't give you any more fine control than the N mode. If it only had a "tripod" mode like the Mavic 2 it would be nearly perfect. JMO

I agree on great value..I bought one combo version and one non-combo.

For the price of a Mavic 2 combo i got four batteries,charger ect and a couple drones that do everything that i need them to do..Great value for sure!

Last edited:
All positive comments here.
I agree !!! And, having flown the Mini for a while before the Mini2; the Mini2 is like a little tank in the air.
Some of the video I have taken is just amazing and all with a nimble little sprite under 250g.
This drone is the epitome of: SIZE DOESN'T MATTER!!

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I have owned the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, and Mavic Mini. When it was time for me to get a new drone, I held off in getting the MA2 as I expected the Mavic Mini 2 to come along in due time. Once it got released, I compared the two and based on that I was able to make my decision.

Sure, feature-wise the Mini 2 pales in comparison to the Mavic Air 2. However, it is definitely better than the original Mavic Mini, and is almost at par with the OG Mavic Pro. The Mini 2's main selling points are the 4k 30 fps video max frame rate and resolution, the ability to zoom, level 5 wind resistance, and, of course, OcuSync 2.0 transmission.

At almost twice the cost, the Mavic Air 2 is a great done, but the Mini 2 is just enough for someone who just wants to fly and take the occasional photo and video or two. It's not great for professional work (although I know a few people who do use the Mini 2 for professional footage), but it provides great value for the price.

Battery life, controls, and footage are good for this tiny affordable drone. In a few months, maybe I can add the Mavic Air 2 to my collection. Still, I don't regret getting the Mini 2 one bit. For those who want the best drone but are working on a budget, I can definitely recommend the DJI Mini 2.
Hi Brave. We do use the Mini 2 solely for professional work - although our main drone is still the superb Phantom 4 Pro Plus. We've been exhaustively testing it for the past two and a half months. Actually, it's definitely a good pro tool. It has a few limitations, but you can easily work around them by working to its strengths.

Reactions: CLAYB.7 and DJayI
Africanwildlife, what do you perceive as the Mini 2's main limitations?
There are several compared to the Air 2. No obstacle avoidance, no 4K60, shorter battery life, less wind resistance, the live video feed is 720P not 1080P like the Air 2. No active track, no hyperlapse.

Africanwildlife, what do you perceive as the Mini 2's main limitations?
Hi Lister. Apologies for this late reply.

I don't consider any of the points raised by pinballwiz86 to be limitations - at least not for our pro work

The Mini 2 doesn't deal with sun flare very well at certain angles, compared with the P4P+. But once you know this, you adjust accordingly. That's our main finding. You film to its strengths.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98