DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 not saving any photos on phone anymore?

Biggie777

Reactions
I always keep the much desired SD card in my Mini 2 as the quality it unmatchable to the normal transmitted pics and video I get a taste of before transferring the ones off the card but lately I have all the picture settings set to save them on the phone just as always and I never find any at all,not even it the ", cache' folder it always makes as well. So no video,HD pics,or Cache' pics as I always had before with these normal settings.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? The only change that I have made is that I'm using a new but different DJI fly app compatible phone and it is an Android so I have and always have had to use the Apk version right from the site,but never a problem..... ?

Reactions: Gagey52
I have had the same experience since I installed the latest Android apk.
I think during the installation it asked me a question about sharing, and I answered "N". I'm assuming that if I had answered "Y" I would still be able to see the photos in Google Photos, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change the setting.

You can, of course, see all the pictures and videos through the Album in the DJI Fly app. That's in the lower left when you first start the app. You don't need to be connected to the drone to view them. That also means the images are on the phone somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

I would be interested if your experience is different than mine. My assumption about the setting might be wrong. Meanwhile, I mostly pull the SD card and load directly onto my computer - a USB C reader for the SD card wasn't very expensive.

I’ve never been able to get photos from my device. Always had to get them from the A/C as card. Just assumed that it was a setting issue that I hadn’t activated. Don’t need them cluttering up the device memory but it would be handy to know.
Regards

I have had the same experience since I installed the latest Android apk.
I think during the installation it asked me a question about sharing, and I answered "N". I'm assuming that if I had answered "Y" I would still be able to see the photos in Google Photos, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change the setting.

You can, of course, see all the pictures and videos through the Album in the DJI Fly app. That's in the lower left when you first start the app. You don't need to be connected to the drone to view them. That also means the images are on the phone somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

I would be interested if your experience is different than mine. My assumption about the setting might be wrong. Meanwhile, I mostly pull the SD card and load directly onto my computer - a USB C reader for the SD card wasn't very expensive.
Yes,same experience to a T as far as being able to see them in the app but not photos. I don't remember the answer no part but it's definitely possible that happen lol but yeah,at least it's nice to know they are still on the phone somewhere . Thank you

I’ve never been able to get photos from my device. Always had to get them from the A/C as card. Just assumed that it was a setting issue that I hadn’t activated. Don’t need them cluttering up the device memory but it would be handy to know.
Regards
It makes me wonder if it's just some devices are different (?) But I agree that it does clutter things and for that reason I shut all the photos too phone options off and then I noticed I kind of missed it. Lol

Reactions: Gagey52
Got this reply from DJI Support this AM:

John. Z (Support)

2021年10月25日 GMT+818:43

Dear Barry,

Greetings from DJI Support. We hope this email finds you well.

I'm very sorry for the trouble caused to you. In order to better save material download time and facilitate you to select photos, we have changed the saving logic of the app album path in the newer version app, and the [auto sync HD photos] function will sync the pictures to the gallery in the application.

After this adjustment, you can filter the materials directly in the in app gallery after the flight, and then save the favorite materials in batches to the mobile phone album, which also avoids the repetition and confusion of displaying the unselected photos in the system album.

You can click the up arrow icon on the material details page of the in app Gallery in the app to export the selected materials to the mobile phone album.

Hope it helps. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. Have a great day and take care.
Best Regards,
John
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

I have started having the same problem with my DJI Magic Air 2. Up until recently, photos were always stored on the phone as well as on an SD card in the drone. This allowed me to instantly review them while shooting.
I have updated all the DJI software. I am and always have shot in JPEG+RAW. I have the same problem if I shoot to JPEG only.

“Sync Downloaded Files to Phone Album”, “Auto Sync HD Photos” and “Cache When Recording” are all enabled. Disabling them makes no difference.

On my phone - a One Plus (Android) the DJI app has permissions to access storage.

Yes, I can view photos in the app album but would much prefer to have them on my phone too. I can manually download them from the app album to my phone but I’d prefer if this function was automated - like it used to be.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Dont know why you didnt leave it as it was, now I have to remember to move them before closing the fly app or reopen it to view them.
Made it more work in my mind and confused people in the process too, why not give us the choice like before, if you dont want the photos or video saving to your phone gallery just turn it off in the app simple

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82