DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 recharging?

bburnett15

Reactions
I’ve been flying an M2P for a couple if years and I just ordered a Mini 2- very excited about it! I notice it is coming with a charging cable but no charger. My questions:
1) can i use the same charger as my iPad or SC?
2) i can order the 18W charger, but would it be better to go with the 30 W (cost difference is not significant)

Thanks!

I’ve been flying an M2P for a couple if years and I just ordered a Mini 2- very excited about it! I notice it is coming with a charging cable but no charger. My questions:
1) can i use the same charger as my iPad or SC?
2) i can order the 18W charger, but would it be better to go with the 30 W (cost difference is not significant)

Thanks!
The size of the charger makes no difference, the devices will only draw what they need. You just need the right cable to connect your charger to your device..

I have 60W charger I am using for my Mini 3 and it works fine. There are videos on YT that show various chargers along with USB Power Meters that show the devices only taking the amount of power they require no matter the size of the charger. However lower wattage chargers will of course take longer to charge than larger one's.

High wattage chargers are useful if they are PD for laptops and the such or for charging multiple devices at once. 2amp charger is fine for Mini 2, it will only draw around 1250ma. I wish my MA2 charged the same.

High wattage chargers are useful if they are PD for laptops and the such or for charging multiple devices at once. 2amp charger is fine for Mini 2, it will only draw around 1250ma. I wish my MA2 charged the same.
Like I noted earlier, the device will draw what it needs and no more. Smaller chargers that provide less wattage then recommended for the device in question just will take longer than higher wattage chargers...

Seems most Mini batteries seem to require 29-30w charger, smaller than that will slow charging, equal to that will optimize charging, larger chargers may improve it a touch, but not much.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilotltd