DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2/SC Linking and GoFly problem

Rupuze

Reactions
I just got my new Mini 2 yesterday. I bought it because it is now compatible with my Smart Controller.

I discovered that the Mini 2 will not link with the SC until its software is updated. I learned from a You Tube video that you must first update the Mini 2 using the controller it came with and your cellphone.

So … here's the problem: Even though my (new) cellphone is greater than Android 6 aad is a 64 bit chip, I cannot install DJI Fly. DJI Fly only works with certain phones --- mine is not on DJI's list of “good” Phones.

Here's My Question: If I use my friend's iPhone to update the new Mini 2, will I be able to use my Smart Controller for future software updates to the Mini 2.

….. Or should I just send it back and beg for a refund?

Question, MUST the updating be via a screen device, is it not possible to update via a cabled connection to a PC running the likes of DJI Assistant 2?
If it must be via a screen device and your idea of using your friend's iPhone is not suitable why not buy a second hand compatible Android phone?
I can understand that it might be nice to just have one controller but you presumably bought the Mini 2 for other reasons as well.

My tablet would not let me install the fly app via the play store. How've I did install the apk file directly from DJI and it works perfectly.

Question, MUST the updating be via a screen device, is it not possible to update via a cabled connection to a PC running the likes of DJI Assistant 2?
If it must be via a screen device and your idea of using your friend's iPhone is not suitable why not buy a second hand compatible Android phone?
I can understand that it might be nice to just have one controller but you presumably bought the Mini 2 for other reasons as well.
Thanks for your reply
DJI Assistant 2 does not like the Mimi 2.
I use my SC to fly my M2 Pro, I only bought the Mini because I already had the SC-- I don't want to fly with my phone.
I just bought a new phone-- now DJI expets e to shell out more $$$ for another phone!?

My tablet would not let me install the fly app via the play store. How've I did install the apk file directly from DJI and it works perfectly.
That didn't work with my phone or my wife's phone.

Try downloading the apk from DJI and see if that will work

"DJI Assistant 2 does not like the Mimi 2."....... that's a pity.

"I use my SC to fly my M2 Pro, I only bought the Mini because I already had the SC-- I don't want to fly with my phone." ........fair enough

Reactions: m2zAL
Oh OK sorry
Tried taht ... nbo dice
Oh OK sorry
Thank you Maggior and all you others.
I appreciate this community very much.

Here's what I did: The Mini 2 needs Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).
When you download it, it will recognize your mini 2 drone, but you will be unable to upgrade with it.
There is a HACK to get Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) to offer upgrades:

"DJI Assistant 2 does not like the Mimi 2."....... that's a pity.

"I use my SC to fly my M2 Pro, I only bought the Mini because I already had the SC-- I don't want to fly with my phone." ........fair enough

Same here. I have the SC and use with my M2z and M2p - love it.

found a Mini2 FlyMore combo N.I.B. discounted for $300. I quickly checked for SC support and saw it was now supported via software update. No fuss or issues and am a happy camper with SC’s support of these three RCs I now own. I know it supports others also.

Reactions: Rupuze
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada