DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 SDK

"Follow me" is indeed a great feature, but if you like getting videos and photos of things other than yourself, then enabling waypoint missions really fills in a serious shortcoming with these DJI models -- one that I still don't understand -- and a lot of people will be more excited about that than this guy seems to be. It's great fun to just fly around and explore, but when you want specific shots of specific targets and scenes (and especially when you're concerned about where you might be flying while focusing on where you're pointing the camera), waypoint missions give even the novice the ability to safely get precisely what you want on the first try. Or, you can edit any part that you don't like and run it again. I'm seriously considering upgrading my Mini 1 now.
The Mini-1 is already supported by Litchi, including waypoint missions.

The Mini-1 is already supported by Litchi, including waypoint missions.
I've been using DroneLink on the Mini 1 since very shortly after its SDK was released. I probably would have been happy with Litchi, too, but it took them over a year to support waypoint missions because they didn't already support "virtual stick" navigating. Getting in on the beta phase of DroneLink for the Mini, I got an (almost) full-feature version for a one-time payment of $20. It's more expensive now, but it is more powerful than Litchi, so I'm happy I didn't wait.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ