DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Suggestions for New Owner

afreakofnature

Reactions
Hey all! My "new to me" Mini 2 is on its way! This will be an "upgrade" for me. My other drones are a Mavic Pro and a Parrot Disco, but I have been wanting an under 250g drone. Especially with the new FAA rules! So I am asking for some suggestions, I have read a lot but thought I would send out my own post to see what the latest consensus is on topics.

Which firmware should we stay on. I have read a lot of problems since 1.0.4. Have they all been addressed with the latest firmware or if mine comes with 1.0.3 should I just stay there?

I will have to use the newest DJI Fly app. I do have Litchi as well. Which do people most suggest for the best flight experience? Or are there other apps I should be looking at like Maven or Auriga?

I like to do hobby mapping (orthos) with my Mavic Pro. With that I could use DJI GS Pro v2 and process 3 a month for free with Measure.com. From what I have researched only Dronelink ($99) works for mapping purposes with the Mini 2, all others do not support Mini 2 flight controls. For processing I already have that figured out (Measure, ArcGIS Pro 2.6+, or WebODM)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Hey all! My "new to me" Mini 2 is on its way! This will be an "upgrade" for me. My other drones are a Mavic Pro and a Parrot Disco, but I have been wanting an under 250g drone. Especially with the new FAA rules! So I am asking for some suggestions, I have read a lot but thought I would send out my own post to see what the latest consensus is on topics.

Which firmware should we stay on. I have read a lot of problems since 1.0.4. Have they all been addressed with the latest firmware or if mine comes with 1.0.3 should I just stay there?

I will have to use the newest DJI Fly app. I do have Litchi as well. Which do people most suggest for the best flight experience? Or are there other apps I should be looking at like Maven or Auriga?

I like to do hobby mapping (orthos) with my Mavic Pro. With that I could use DJI GS Pro v2 and process 3 a month for free with Measure.com. From what I have researched only Dronelink ($99) works for mapping purposes with the Mini 2, all others do not support Mini 2 flight controls. For processing I already have that figured out (Measure, ArcGIS Pro 2.6+, or WebODM)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
one of the reasons I always used litchi is the voice messages that I set to come at 30 seconds to let me know H/D/BATTERY plus to switch on video at take off and switch off on landing, the many times before I've flown a mission and forgot to turn on the video

Reactions: afreakofnature
Especially with the new FAA rules!
Unless you have a Part 107 rating and want to fly over people, the new FAA rules regarding a 250-gram weight limit have no impact in the U.S.

Firmware? Use the latest or wait a few days and update. Most of the fuss about problems with updates is speculation and folklore.

Firmware? Use the latest or wait a few days and update. Most of the fuss about problems with updates is speculation and folklore.

Agreed, I have the latest updates and my MM2 is flying darn near perfect as always. Not sure if it was the updates or just luck but I have thee best satellite acquisition now then I every have flying by the house. Never had more than 14 and now 21 is the norm.

Reactions: afreakofnature
Unless you have a Part 107 rating and want to fly over people, the new FAA rules regarding a 250-gram weight limit have no impact in the U.S.

Yup I have a part 107 rating

Agreed, I have the latest updates and my MM2 is flying darn near perfect as always. Not sure if it was the updates or just luck but I have thee best satellite acquisition now then I every have flying by the house. Never had more than 14 and now 21 is the norm.

Thank you both! I will keep the firmware update in mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929