DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 usb battery charger

I'd probably go for the DJI charging hub, it's a good holder for 3 batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard70
I'd probably go for the DJI charging hub, it's a good holder fro 3 batteries.

Why? It is very big and not compact at all. It can charge only 1 battery at time and it is cost more then 3 times then this usb battery charger.

From my experience of the MM's three battery charging hub,

Qu) "Why? It is very big and not compact at all. "
Ans) But it acts as a holder/storage-vessel/protector for the three batteries it can charge, I like that idea very much. In so doing it is not much bigger than the volume of the batteries themselves.
In your other thread you imply buying 3 of these "usb battery charger"s, so, will the volume of 3 loose batteries and three of these "usb battery charger"s be significantly less than that of the DJI triple charger containing 3 batteries?

Point) "It can charge only 1 battery at time and it is cost more then 3 times then this usb battery charger."
Ans) True but one of your "usb battery charger" things can only charge one battery at a time and, since you imply buying three, that would be £38.04 going by UK prices (£12.68 each according to the page your link takes me to). The DJI hub is £39 + carriage, not a vast difference and if the DJI charger could be found on Amazon I suspect it would, at £39, be carriage free.

Reading the specs of your "usb battery charger"
I see
"Charging Time: QC3.0/5V3A-about 80 mins, 5V2A-about 110 mins. "
which makes me wonder what the charge time will be when powered by your "anker powerbank with 3 output usb slots"?
It may be an even more relevant question if you are attempting to simultaneously charge 3 batteries from your anker powerbank.

The DJI hub seems able to charge 3 batteries in 4 hours (80 min per battery) using an 18W charger but can accept a 29W charger which I guess means a faster charge. See Buy DJI Mini 2 Two-Way Charging Hub - DJI Store
I don't know the output of your anker powerbank.

Make no mistake, I think the "usb battery charger" have their uses but maybe the advantages are not as clear cut as you imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Howard70
From my experience of the MM's three battery charging hub,

Qu) "Why? It is very big and not compact at all. "
Ans) But it acts as a holder/storage-vessel/protector for the three batteries it can charge, I like that idea very much. In so doing it is not much bigger than the volume of the batteries themselves.
In your other thread you imply buying 3 of these "usb battery charger"s, so, will the volume of 3 loose batteries and three of these "usb battery charger"s be significantly less than that of the DJI triple charger containing 3 batteries?

Point) "It can charge only 1 battery at time and it is cost more then 3 times then this usb battery charger."
Ans) True but one of your "usb battery charger" things can only charge one battery at a time and, since you imply buying three, that would be £38.04 going by UK prices (£12.68 each according to the page your link takes me to). The DJI hub is £39 + carriage, not a vast difference and if the DJI charger could be found on Amazon I suspect it would, at £39, be carriage free.

Reading the specs of your "usb battery charger"
I see
"Charging Time: QC3.0/5V3A-about 80 mins, 5V2A-about 110 mins. "
which makes me wonder what the charge time will be when powered by your "anker powerbank with 3 output usb slots"?
It may be an even more relevant question if you are attempting to simultaneously charge 3 batteries from your anker powerbank.

The DJI hub seems able to charge 3 batteries in 4 hours (80 min per battery) using an 18W charger but can accept a 29W which I guess means a faster charge. see Buy DJI Mini 2 Two-Way Charging Hub - DJI Store
I don't know the output of your anker powerbank.

Make no mistake, I think the "usb battery charger" have their uses but maybe the advantages are not as clear cut as you imagine.
Your points are valid. I myself want to know how much time i will need to charge 3 batties simultanously through my anker powerbank. I know that Xiaomi 20000mAh 45W powerbank can charge one battery in 52 minutes. My anker powerbank will need same time as dji hub to charge 1 battery ~70-80minutes.

One other point has just come to mind, if you were/are thinking of storing the "usb battery charger" on the battery I would be wary of that.
I have a 'Yx' mains charger, supposedly for my mini, but a mini 2 charger was sent, it works for what my need is.
Given that my charger and your "usb battery charger" bear the same brand mark I presume the charging connectors are of similar design. If so, the male pins on the charger are rather long and 'vunerable'.
With the mains charger they are protected by a 'lid'/cover that can be removed and replaced as required.
Depending on how securely the charger connects to the battery I would have concerns about the pins being damaged if the charger is displaced whilst 'loose' batteries were 'rattling' about in a bag etc. or, if the "usb battery charger" come without a suitable pin cover, when the charger itself is loose and rattling about in a bag etc.

Why? It is very big and not compact at all. It can charge only 1 battery at time and it is cost more then 3 times then this usb battery charger.

Because you can set and forget, then you will have 3 batteries fully charged instead of waiting to swap them over each time.

Yes, all great and no issues, very small unit so fits in my bag and can even use my power block to charge one battery while using the other.
I also ordered one to try it, still waiting. If i will be happy i will order two more :)

Reactions: DJayI and Donb1
Yes, all great and no issues, very small unit so fits in my bag and can even use my power block to charge one battery while using the other.
They offer a similar one with a display, I have been thinkng about it. But either would do.

The display is handy as a voltage checker if nothing else. (better than flashing LEDs I think)

I noticed the unit with the display has a familiarity to me. I have a small DIY power bank/charger board for DIY power banks using 18650s.
It appears they share a display. Cause for alarm?..... Probably not.:)
1615060935760.jpg

1615060900819.jpg

Reactions: MGVision
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada