DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 & Fly More or Pro with no xtras?

shawnhar

Reactions
Ugggg, budget is limiting me. First drone purchase, planning for October.

Would you rather...

Mini 3 with fly more kit and filters or.....
The Pro with nothing else?

I have to have the RC controller with the screen either way, my phone sucks and it's more expensive to get a tablet that is not even as bright as the RC controller. If I had a decent tablet i might consider the RC-1 but it is what it is.

I really like the idea of obstacle avoidance, 120fps in 1080 sounds awesome, timelapse sounds great, better controller resolution yes thank you. I could care less about 60fps in 4k or the asteroid and sphere shots. Not worried about distance difference, more than 2 miles sounds ridiculous for me. I don't have any editing experience so not sure 10bit color makes a difference for me.

Can you still "color grade" a clip shot in normal mode to make it "yours", as long as it's not overexposed or does the 2bits difference really hurt with that?

I'm leaning to the basic with the extra batteries and filters to have more flight time for learning maneuvers per session, and the filters for photography experiments.

My previous hobby was long exposure deep space astrophotography, but not ready to sell my astro equipment just yet so budget is limited to around us850(ish) and I plan to buy refurb from DJI.

Thanks for opining!

I think you're smart to go for the RC controller. I love it. I'd never consider trying to use my phone to control the drone, it's long in the tooth and I'm not sure I'd trust it as much as a dedicated device that doesn't have a lot of other cr@p doing stuff at the same time.

I'd go with the Mini 3 Pro. IMHO It'll be cheaper to add a dual battery+standalone charger kit later on when your budget allows than to scrap the Mini and buy a Mini 3 Pro.

Reactions: shawnhar

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne