DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 non-pro

it should not come as a surprise ,if DJI do make budget versions of the Mavic 3 and Mini 3
after all it has already been done by other drone manufactures, its just a way of giving consumers more choices of a particular model
its also a way of cutting production and development costs, to have different versions on the same base platform

it should not come as a surprise ,if DJI do make budget versions of the Mavic 3 and Mini 3
after all it has already been done by other drone manufactures, its just a way of giving consumers more choices of a particular model
its also a way of cutting production and development costs, to have different versions on the same base platform

i MIGHT have said words to that effect before

Hi, I have the Mini 3 Pro, but would buy a Mini 3 without OA in a heartbeat. No OA could mean a lighter drone with increased flight time and may even allow use of the extended battery and keep weight under 250g. BTW, even turning off OA on the Mini 3 Pro still has OA working and sucking up battery power. My buy finger is already twitching to buy the Mini 3 without OA

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Thoughts?
They better bring new software features to the mini 3 pro, or keep the ones on the mini 3 limited. As a Mini 3 Pro owner I would be annoyed to pay 800 for a m3p just to see 6 months later a similarly featured drone for 2/3 of the price

Reactions: asko
They better bring new software features to the mini 3 pro, or keep the ones on the mini 3 limited. As a Mini 3 Pro owner I would be annoyed to pay 800 for a m3p just to see 6 months later a similarly featured drone for 2/3 of the price
that's right. It would be good if, in addition to cheaper variants, they also make more expensive ones, say mini 3 pro+, which will have 369° obstacle avoidance sensors

that's right. It would be good if, in addition to cheaper variants, they also make more expensive ones, say mini 3 pro+, which will have 369° obstacle avoidance sensors

Tbh I don't see much use in those obstacle avoidance sensors anyway, they have been more of a pain since the drone refuses to land close to me.

I see you're from Montenegro, I'm planning to go there next summer. Is it easy to fly drones there ? Or how is the police ?

Tbh I don't see much use in those obstacle avoidance sensors anyway, they have been more of a pain since the drone refuses to land close to me.

I see you're from Montenegro, I'm planning to go there next summer. Is it easy to fly drones there ? Or how is the police ?
excellent terrain for drone control. There are beautiful hills, rocks and untouched nature, and you can try the max range.

excellent terrain for drone control. There are beautiful hills, rocks and untouched nature, and you can try the max range.
the police do not pay attention to the drone, unless someone reports you for disturbing them. That happens very rarely

When do you think Mini 3 no Pro will happen? I am about to buy the Mini 3 Pro and I don't know if this kind of leaks usually become reality in one month or in 6 months.
With Air 2S, it was 1 month between the leaks and the realease?

Hi, I have the Mini 3 Pro, but would buy a Mini 3 without OA in a heartbeat. No OA could mean a lighter drone with increased flight time and may even allow use of the extended battery and keep weight under 250g. BTW, even turning off OA on the Mini 3 Pro still has OA working and sucking up battery power. My buy finger is already twitching to buy the Mini 3 without OA

Regards,
Richard
I currently have a Mini3 pro, a mini 2 and the Mavic 2 pro. I previously had a mini1. I purchased the mini3 for two reasons: The DJIRC controller and the “plus” batteries. But if the mini 3 pro were my only drone, if I were to add to my collection it would definitely be a heavier more powerful drone. Yes I have the Mavic 2 I’m set for the heavier drone category.FWIW I purchased the Mavic2 only four weeks after purchasing the mini1. While the newer minis fight the wind better than the original, they still lack the stability of the larger drones.

Reactions: dirkclod
(In the US) Only reason I could see them coming out with a non-pro Mini 3 is because the Mini 2/SE/1 are note RemoteID compatible with their built in hardware, where as the Mini 3 Pro, Air 2S, etc are with a firmware upgrade.

A non-Pro Mini 3 would replace the market for existing Mini 2 and Mini SE stock to make it Remote ID compliant (since they can't manufacture without it after December).

Mini 3 non-pro would probably just be the same drone, minus obstacle avoidance and maybe some crippling of supported automatic functions in the app.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31