DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro license EU

KernowMan

Reactions
Hello

I got a Mini 3 pro and I got a operator and flyer ID from the UK.

Do I need anything to fly the drone in the EU.
If so, how d i go about getting it

Many thanks

@KernowMan unfortunately your UK credential's are not recognised outside of the UK ,so you will need to go on an EU government site to obtain the equivalent ones for the country you wish to fly in you can go to any EU countries site to obtain them

Reactions: Felix le Chat
@KernowMan unfortunately your UK credential's are not recognised outside of the UK ,so you will need to go on an EU government site to obtain the equivalent ones for the country you wish to fly in you can go to any EU countries site to obtain them
Thanks for the info. I saw that if you register in one EU country, its valid for most of them.
Was thinking to register in Ireland a it will be easier to fill the form out. Even through I am not flying the drone there

Thanks

Also carefully read through your destination country's specific regulations as these alter quite significantly country to country. For example: Sweden prohibits flight above 120 feet, whereas the EU regulation allows 400 feet AGL.

No, you have misunderstood it, in Sweden the max height is 120 meters AGL in unregulated airspace (that's 400ft).

Here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Sweden:​

Drone operators must register all drones in Sweden. Following registration, you must adhere to the following rules.
  • Drones may fly up to 50 meters (170 feet) above ground or sea level in the Open category and up to 120 meters (400 feet) in the Specific category. (The STA may grant exemptions to operators of specific category drones.)
  • Direct visual contact with the drone is required, and the operating distance should not exceed 500 meters.
  • Avoid flying too close to residential areas or populated areas.
  • Maintain a safety buffer zone of one kilometer around residential areas.
  • Unless the owner/person consents, a safety distance of 500 meters from isolated buildings, people, vehicles, animals, and structures is required.
  • Avoid flying near airports and heliports. Stay a minimum of eight (8) kilometers away from airports and three (3) kilometers from heliports for safety.
  • At no time is it permissible to fly a drone at night.
  • There shall be no flying over, within, or near military installations, public utility installations, archaeological sites, or public or private facilities.
.... Looks like I was 50 feet out. I said 120 feet.... It's actually 170 feet. Still a lot lower than 400 feet. Source: STA (Swedish Transport Authority)

Here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Sweden:​

...Source: STA (Swedish Transport Authority)
The source from where you cites this is very likely not the Swedish Transport Authority... guess it's from some other 3:rd party site that claims that the source is Swedish Transport Authority. Can you provide a link to a official authority site covering this..?

I'm very well informed about my own countries drone regulations, been flying since 2018 & know all about the past, present EASA & the transitional regulations in Sweden.

All below red marked claimed regulations in Sweden is totally or partly wrong...

Drone operators must register all drones in Sweden...
No... you must register as a drone operator if you are the one responsible for the flight, but the drone doesn't need to be registered.

Drones may fly up to 50 meters (170 feet) above ground or sea level in the Open category and up to 120 meters (400 feet) in the Specific category. (The STA may grant exemptions to operators of specific category drones.)
The max height AGL in the open category in unregulated airspace is 120m... nothing else. You have height limits on 50m withing the control zones of an civil airport & 10m of an military airport... but now it's not unregulated airspace anymore

Recommend all to use the official drone map over Sweden to get correct info regarding different zones & allowed max heights -->LFV Drönarkartan (RPAS, UAS, UAV) (English translation available there).

Direct visual contact with the drone is required, and the operating distance should not exceed 500 meters.
It's correct that VLOS is required... but no precise max fixed distance like 500m exists.

Maintain a safety buffer zone of one kilometer around residential areas.
This one is wrong... in Sweden we have the same rules as in all other EASA countries... max 50m out in "Follow me mode", not directly over crowds, not closer than 150m from residential areas, business & industrial areas & certain recreational areas (specified as National parks, Nature reservations & Muncipal nature reservations.
Map here, but only in Swedish unfortunately-->Skyddad natur )

Unless the owner/person consents, a safety distance of 500 meters from isolated buildings, people, vehicles, animals, and structures is required.
This rule doesn't exist at all... only the official authorities decides about the airspace.

Avoid flying near airports and heliports. Stay a minimum of eight (8) kilometers away from airports and three (3) kilometers from heliports for safety.
The distances here is wrong...

A distance of 5km out from an airport is a No Fly Zone & is usually followed by a Control zone which have a max height AGL of 50m.

A distance of 1km out from a Helipad is a No Fly Zone & isn't normally followed by a Control zone as for Airports.

At no time is it permissible to fly a drone at night.
No such rule exists... the same rules as in daylight applies even during nights.

Last edited:
The source from where you cites this is very likely not the Swedish Transport Authority... guess it's from some other 3:rd party site that claims that the source is Swedish Transport Authority. Can you provide a link to a official authority site covering this..?

I'm very well informed about my own countries drone regulations, been flying since 2018 & know all about the past, present EASA & the transitional regulations in Sweden.

All below red marked claimed regulations in Sweden is totally or partly wrong...

No... you must register as a drone operator if you are the one responsible for the flight, but the drone doesn't need to be registered.

The max height AGL in the open category in unregulated airspace is 120m... nothing else. You have height limits on 50m withing the control zones of an civil airport & 10m of an military airport... but now it's not unregulated airspace anymore

Recommend all to use the official drone map over Sweden to get correct info regarding different zones & allowed max heights -->LFV Drönarkartan (RPAS, UAS, UAV) (English translation available there).

It's correct that VLOS is required... but no precise max fixed distance like 500m exists.

This one is wrong... in Sweden we have the same rules as in all other EASA countries... max 50m out in "Follow me mode", not directly over crowds, not closer than 150m from residential areas, business & industrial areas & certain recreational areas (specified as National parks, Nature reservations & Muncipal nature reservations.
Map here, but only in Swedish unfortunately-->Skyddad natur )

This rule doesn't exist at all... only the official authorities decides about the airspace.

The distances here is wrong...

A distance of 5km out from an airport is a No Fly Zone & is usually followed by a Control zone which have a max height AGL of 50m.

A distance of 1km out from a Helipad is a No Fly Zone & isn't normally followed by a Control zone as for Airports.

No such rule exists... the same rules as in daylight applies even during nights.
Just read through the Sweden section posted on 'drone laws.com' (updated April 26th 2023) which cites the STA as the source. I then trawled through the official STA gov.t site to compare information. You're right. There is a disparity between the two.
You have my apology for repeating incorrect information. Moral of the story: don't rely on drone-regs-by-country digest pages: look on the individual country's own government resource.

Moral of the story: don't rely on drone-regs-by-country digest pages: look on the individual country's own government resource.
Every single online source I've found that claims to provide comprehensive details of drone regulations around the world appears wrong, sometimes just a bit, but more often stunningly so. You simply can not rely on such sources, no matter how authoritative they try to appear or how sincere their authors try to look.

It would take a large staff of full-time employees to keep track of, translate, understand, then explain and document all the details of drone regulations - which do change. It's pretty clear (at least to me) that multiple individuals decided they thought it would be cool to become the authority on this subject, so they decided to take on the responsibility of documenting all worldwide drone regulations, assuming that after the initial set-up, it would be fairly easy to keep it updated. They put in some effort to get things set up (no small task) but then they ran out of time/enthusiasm/energy since keeping it all updated turned out to be a much-more difficult and labor-intensive task than they had first imagined. The result is most of these purported "comprehensive" world drone regs websites all quickly became out of date, increasingly so and more contradictory with each passing day, and now the task of getting everything "current" is so much work they've all given up, though they won't admit it.

Moral of the story: don't rely on drone-regs-by-country digest pages: look on the individual country's own government resource.
Yeah, but unless you happen to speak the local language, good luck with that (and honestly, how many languages do you speak well enough to really understand aviation regulations? most native speakers of a given language can't understand their own country's aviation bureaucratic text in a language they do speak.)

Not an easy task. It doesn't completely surprise me that most drone-toting visitors (at least virtually every one I've ever met while vacationing overseas) seems to just have given up, shrugged, and are flying their drone while hoping not to get caught.

Kind of discouraging for those who try to follow the rules but like to travel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_