DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Mp4 SRT Files

rbtf70

Reactions
When I first received my Mini 3 Pro I was surprised to see the MP4 video files were accompanied by an SRT file. My Mini 2 had a subtitle incorporated into the MP4. I normally play the video files using the VLC media player, and it defaults to showing SRT files with the same name as the MP4, so the SRT data was visible unless deleted or turned off in VLC.

The SRT file on the initial M3P firmware contained a lot of data. Looked like DJI wanted a lot of drone and photo information. The latest firmware upgrade reduced the SRT file to about one third of the original. Having either of these files shown with the video causes stuttering of the video, although not as pronounced with the smaller file. This does not seem to be an issue with the Mini2s embedded subtitles.

Neither the original or newer smaller SRT file contain all of the data included with the Mini 2. The SRT files do not contain Distance, Horizontal Speed, or Vertical speed. It would be nice to have this data in the SRT. Hope DJI will add these in the next firmware.

Reactions: Lister
When I first received my Mini 3 Pro I was surprised to see the MP4 video files were accompanied by an SRT file. My Mini 2 had a subtitle incorporated into the MP4. I normally play the video files using the VLC media player, and it defaults to showing SRT files with the same name as the MP4, so the SRT data was visible unless deleted or turned off in VLC.

The SRT file on the initial M3P firmware contained a lot of data. Looked like DJI wanted a lot of drone and photo information. The latest firmware upgrade reduced the SRT file to about one third of the original. Having either of these files shown with the video causes stuttering of the video, although not as pronounced with the smaller file. This does not seem to be an issue with the Mini2s embedded subtitles.

Neither the original or newer smaller SRT file contain all of the data included with the Mini 2. The SRT files do not contain Distance, Horizontal Speed, or Vertical speed. It would be nice to have this data in the SRT. Hope DJI will add these in the next firmware.
Unless you really feel the need to display or use the data from the SRT files, you can of course turn it off in settings..

When I first saw them after my first flights with my Mini 3 Pro and looked them over, I never had seen them before, but figured out what they were. Personally I had no use for that data, and turned it off. If I ever feel that I would use that for something, I'll re-enable it.

Unless you really feel the need to display or use the data from the SRT files, you can of course turn it off in settings..

When I first saw them after my first flights with my Mini 3 Pro and looked them over, I never had seen them before, but figured out what they were. Personally I had no use for that data, and turned it off. If I ever feel that I would use that for something, I'll re-enable it.
Hi where do you turn it off in settings? I couldn't find where to turn it off.

Hi where do you turn it off in settings? I couldn't find where to turn it off.
I believe its under camera settings and I think its called Video Subtitles, look for that and turn it off if you don't want those files being made.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas