DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro or Mavic 3 Classic for photography

m43snapshot

Reactions
Hey there guys,

I'm debating between the Mi3P and Ma3C for mostly photography purposes, and maybe some video on the side too. I'm mostly doing automotive and landscape stuff (I live in Colorado, lots of cool mountain stuff) and like to try and take some more unique photos. I have this habit of buying more than what I need, and trying to tame that these days! While the Ma3C does way more than I need, the tracking stuff is what really attracts me to it. There is one locally with the RC remote (one with the screen), a case and bunch of ND filters and about 10 months on DJI Refresh left that I'm really considering.

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Have you looked into the new Air 3?

If you feel today is not yet the day to tame your "over-buying habits" (a habit which affects most of us) then go for the M3Pro; otherwise, I going to agree the Air 3 probably makes the most sense based on what you have mentioned.

Hey there guys,

I'm debating between the Mi3P and Ma3C for mostly photography purposes, and maybe some video on the side too. I'm mostly doing automotive and landscape stuff (I live in Colorado, lots of cool mountain stuff) and like to try and take some more unique photos. I have this habit of buying more than what I need, and trying to tame that these days! While the Ma3C does way more than I need, the tracking stuff is what really attracts me to it. There is one locally with the RC remote (one with the screen), a case and bunch of ND filters and about 10 months on DJI Refresh left that I'm really considering.
I own the Mavic 3 Classic and the Mavic 3 Pro. (my aersenal the Inspire 1, Inspire2, Phantom 4Pro, and Mavic 2 Pro with Crystal Sky. (FOR SALE BTW). Yeah yeah.. i over buy.) However, as a photographer, (not a weekend warrior) any photo assignment whether using a camera around my neck or airborne, it is axiomatic to be prepared with redundancy. I cannot imagine going on an assignment with one drone. That said, the RC PRO is in every way the best choice for the Remote controller. Not sure of the capabilities of the RC bundled with the AIR 3 etc. The RC PRO is as powerful. Provides very robust signal and control. I am sometimes wary of smaller drones than the Mavic 2 or 3 in regards to bird strikes. .A "Swift" bird nearly knocked my Mavic 3 Classic out of the air last week. I was lucky. One propeller was nearly broken off, and certainly weakened by the bird. I was able to fly back. Later the tabs holding the prop onto the motor had been cracked and the propeller disengaged on the ground. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR PROPELLERS. THE ADVICE ON THE RC ISN'T MERELY AN UNWORTHY REMINDER. It's my view that the small plastic studs that hold the propellers in place with the massive forces they encounter are not as sturdy as they should be. Just saying... Safe flying y'all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor