DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Screen Protector yes or no ?

Gruppe8

Reactions
My drone arrived today and the only accessory i did not purchase was a screen protector, is this a good option or is the rc glass tough enough, ?? i wont be putting it in a case with keys etc etc

My drone arrived today and the only accessory i did not purchase was a screen protector, is this a good option or is the rc glass tough enough, ?? i wont be putting it in a case with keys etc etc
I would. Anything can happen. It's insurance. Your call.

Reactions: Gruppe8
I got a Pygtech screen and stick cover so I could put it in the FlyMore bag with the sticks attached*.

It also protects the screen while in the bag, which I was unreasonably anxious about, but the main reason I got it was to leave the sticks attached.

*Because I'm old and clumsy and knew I'd drop and lose one if I kept putting them on and off with every flight. Also saves setup time.

I got a matte screen protector and it works well to reduce glare but I find it makes the screen a bit darker. Especially in the sun.

Reactions: JTZ
I just bought a matte screen protector not really to protect the screen but to cut down on glare - I like the screen but if it is sunny it is hard to see due to the reflections

Reactions: JTZ
I got a Pygtech screen and stick cover so I could put it in the FlyMore bag with the sticks attached*.

It also protects the screen while in the bag, which I was unreasonably anxious about, but the main reason I got it was to leave the sticks attached.

*Because I'm old and clumsy and knew I'd drop and lose one if I kept putting them on and off with every flight. Also saves setup time.
I've got one of these for the sticks as well as a screen protector:

FYI, I also bought this:

Which I REALLY like - it allows me to keep the sticks on when I put the controller in the bag and it also does double duty as a sun shade (but the reflections are still too much, hence the matte screen protector).
I'd have got that if I'd known about it. Didn't show up when I was searching for covers last summer — and now it's unavailable…

I'd have got that if I'd known about it. Didn't show up when I was searching for covers last summer — and now it's unavailable…

Amazon shows that as available as of today - I only bought it a week or two ago. There are several variants that seem to be made by the same company that look identical.

I live in Cyprus where I get a lot of glare from the sun so I put a matte screen protector on and it works really well

Does that cover still allow the controller to fit into the standard bag included with the mini 3 pro fly more kit with the cover in place?

Even with the joysticks off the fit of the bare controller in the bag is a little tight.

Yes. You put the sticks on the end that is open. A picture would probably help illustrate:

1685063613473.png

I got my matte screen protector today and that helped immensely with the glare from the sun. Between the cover providing some shade and the screen protector cutting down the glare, it is a lot more visible in the sun now.

Reactions: finity
Yes. You put the sticks on the end that is open. A picture would probably help illustrate:

View attachment 164602

I got my matte screen protector today and that helped immensely with the glare from the sun. Between the cover providing some shade and the screen protector cutting down the glare, it is a lot more visible in the sun now.
Awesome. That was exactly the info I was after.

Amazon here I come...again...(and again...and again...) 🤑 😄

Reactions: rwilliam99
Does that cover still allow the controller to fit into the standard bag included with the mini 3 pro fly more kit with the cover in place?

Even with the joysticks off the fit of the bare controller in the bag is a little tight.
The matte screen protector is less than a millimeter thick so it makes no difference at all.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom