DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro with the Moverio glasses?

philztoy

Reactions
Does anyone know if they Moverio glasses will work I think I have the 300 glasses, which never got much use. And now I have the Mini 3 pro with the smart controller.

Other than that I am ignorant about the glasses. I haven't ever had a chance to use them.

Phil

f13dfx

Reactions
Does anyone know if they Moverio glasses will work I think I have the 300 glasses, which never got much use. And now I have the Mini 3 pro with the smart controller.

Other than that I am ignorant about the glasses. I haven't ever had a chance to use them.

Phil
If you're talking about the Mini 3 Pro DJI RC controller with the built-in screen, no it will not work because both USB-C ports are not capable of outputting video. However, the DJI RC PRO does output video & you can use your BT-300 glasses with the use of the BT-35e HDMI Interface Box. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, DJI will issue a firmware update to make the DJI RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.

philztoy

Reactions
Thanks for helping. It has been awhile since I had the glasses out.

Appreciated. Hopefully they will upgrade the firmware.

sapsan

Reactions
If you're talking about the Mini 3 Pro DJI RC controller with the built-in screen, no it will not work because both USB-C ports are not capable of outputting video. However, the DJI RC PRO does output video & you can use your BT-300 glasses with the use of the BT-35e HDMI Interface Box. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, DJI will issue a firmware update to make the DJI RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.
Moverio bt 35 e,Moverio bt 40 vs RC PRO 👍

GadgetGuy

Reactions
OP is asking if DJI RC smart controller (with screen) that comes with the Mini 3 Pro works with BT-40. Unfortunately it does not because none of the controller’s USB-C ports output video.
@sapsan is trying to say the BT-40 does work with the RC Pro, whose USB-C port supposedly outputs supported video for the Movario BT-40. Still verifying that. BT-40 arriving tomorrow!

DJI RC also won't work with the BT 35e because it also has no HDMI port, unlike the RC Pro, and also no USB C video output, as you indicated. The extra $850 for the RC Pro has to offer some additional capabilities!

GadgetGuy

Reactions
@sapsan is trying to say the BT-40 does work with the RC Pro, whose USB-C port supposedly outputs supported video for the Movario BT-40. Still verifying that. BT-40 arriving tomorrow!

DJI RC also won't work with the BT 35e because it also has no HDMI port, unlike the RC Pro, and also no USB C video output, as you indicated. The extra $850 for the RC Pro has to offer some additional capabilities!
Update: RC Pro works with the BT-40, but the DJI RC does not. No lag at all, because it is hardwired through the USB-C charging port, which also outputs the necessary supported video, in a complete replication of the internal RC Pro screen with telemetry, which cannot be removed.

GadgetGuy

Reactions
My original DJI Smart Controller has an inbuilt cast screen utility that can cast the screen to the BT-300's with surprisingly low lag. Does the newer smart controller have the cast utility?
Neither the RC Pro nor the DJI RC have any casting utility. The RC Pro has a mini HDMI out and video on the USB-C. The DJI RC offers neither at this time, but has one port labelled "HOST" which is not recognized by the Moverio BT-40 glasses. It theoretically might have some future support for output.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen13331