DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro wrongly identified as a Phantom 4

Amit Dunsky

Reactions
Site
www.facebook.com
As I watched my flight from today on the RC screen, I suddenly noticed the drone is identified as a Phantom 4 (needless to say: I'm positive my drone is a Mini 3 Pro.. ).
See here at the lowr left corner of the screen:

1669760862882.png

So I checked previous videos to see if this is a newly introduced bug, and sure enough it was previously identified correctly. See here:

1669760898554.png

To be perfectly clear: I'm using the latest firmware and Fly App version:

1669760942065.png

Have you noticed that on your RC too?
Am I dreaming my drone is a M3P, while in fact it is a Phantom 4?
Have I accidentally installed an older DJI Hardware version?

You: “Hello Dji,i crashed my Mini 3 Pro today!”
DJI: “You liar,it was Phantom 4,not Mini 3 Pro !”
……beeb,beeb,beeb……
😁
That raises an interesting point, has the @Amit Dunsky checked the log to see if the drone is identified as a P4 in the log?
To @Amit Dunsky if you go to the web page you will find instructions on how to retrieve the log. If you are successful I suggest uploading the log to that website and posting the resulting URL here.
Occasionally I see my drones' flight logs misidentify a battery for maybe the first 20 or 30 lines of the log and then switch to the correct serial number.
I have no idea why they do that but perhaps you might find a similar error in your log or is it logS? and maybe the replayer reads only the first entry for the identifier that it find.

That raises an interesting point, has the @Amit Dunsky checked the log to see if the drone is identified as a P4 in the log?
To @Amit Dunsky if you go to the web page you will find instructions on how to retrieve the log. If you are successful I suggest uploading the log to that website and posting the resulting URL here.
Occasionally I see my drones' flight logs misidentify a battery for maybe the first 20 or 30 lines of the log and then switch to the correct serial number.
I have no idea why they do that but perhaps you might find a similar error in your log or is it logS? and maybe the replayer reads only the first entry for the identifier that it find.
I keep a logbook of all my flights using AirData.
As can be seen here, for that same flight, AirData correctly identifies the drone type. That means that the data sent by the drone is correct. It also means that it is saved correctly to the log. That in turn, suggests that the bug is probably in the Fly App, wrongly identifies the correct data.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 084903.png

Reactions: Torque
@Amit Dunsky a strange coincidence, as I noticed exactly the same when checking some of my Mini3Pro flight logs on my RC controller that were not syncing. Good to know that recognised correctly in AirData which suggest it is an app hiccup and tge log data is ok.

I am sure we can’t be the only ones

Reactions: Amit Dunsky
@Amit Dunsky a strange coincidence, as I noticed exactly the same when checking some of my Mini3Pro flight logs on my RC controller that were not syncing. Good to know that recognised correctly in AirData which suggest it is an app hiccup and tge log data is ok.

I am sure we can’t be the only ones
We're definitely not .This has already been recognized by DJI as a bug, due to be fixed by a firmware update.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada