DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 pro

xenesthis

Reactions
so i just bought my mini 3 pro today, my question is... why does my battery in my drone die within 10 mins of me flying around the house? is there a break in period, or do i maybe have a defective battery? the other issue im having issues with my drone drifting. when i have it hovering it drifts up and down as well as drifting in the last direction i pushed it to go. any help would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: a2tomm
Bonjour
il faut à la batterie 3 ou 4 recharges pour qu'elle soit au meilleur de sa forme. En intérieur il n'y a pas de GPS qui garantit la stabilité, seule de système ATTi est activé demandant beaucoup de précautions.
A+patc45 de France

Hello
the battery needs 3 or 4 recharges to be at its best. Inside there is no GPS that guarantees stability, only ATTi system is activated requiring a lot of precautions.
A+patc45 from France

Hi there & welcome to the forum :D👋

Your description lacks a lot of info in order to fully help... was the battery really fully charged, you know that they self discharge in 2 steps when left unused in order to protect it from damage? Then, where did you fly & in which lightening conditions? The horizontal hold & braking is heavily relying on a good enough GPS lock and/or good lightening for the VPS sensor to lock on to the ground pattern beneath the drone.

These drones will not fly stable indoors in bad lightening, if both the GPS & VPS sensor can't get a lock your drone will lose horizontal hold assistance, meaning that the drone will drift horizontally with whatever affecting it & no auto brake will occur when releasing the sticks.

I strongly recommend that you go through below user manuals thoroughly before you fly again...

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/20221104/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/SG/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_Safety_Guidelines_5_lan_v1.0.pdf

... is there a break in period, or do i maybe have a defective battery?
The battery is a Lithium battery... they don't need a break in period.

so i just bought my mini 3 pro today, my question is... why does my battery in my drone die within 10 mins of me flying around the house? is there a break in period, or do i maybe have a defective battery? the other issue im having issues with my drone drifting. when i have it hovering it drifts up and down as well as drifting in the last direction i pushed it to go. any help would be greatly appreciated
gps having little or no signal ,try taking it outside then ask yourself is it still drifting and you should take it for a spin a full charge ,20 minutes is common

Reactions: Rchawks
I suggest flying as much as you can in the next few days to check the flight time. If the limited time persists it is possible that you have a defective battery. Your drone has a data log that would be able to help DJI determine if everything is working properly. 10 minutes seems like an awfully short time, so again, adequate testing is needed in the next few days in the even that you do have a defective battery.

Do you only have one battery? Since you are in Colorado and the only downside of going about 250g is that you have to spend $5 and 10 minutes of your time to register yourself as a recreational flyer I would recommend buying a PLUS battery with extennded flight time. The way I structured my purchase of the Mini 3 is buying 1 regular battery with the kit and buying 2 "plus" batteries with the fly more combo. The plus batteries keep my drone in the air seeemingly forever. A little pricey at $95 but worth the extra money for the convenience.

Have a look at the user manual before flying again. At least at the sections on startup and controls. Watch a few videos on Youtube for new pilots. You might check out the Deep Dive videos on the Mini 3 Pro at The Pilot Institute for a good introduction to your new drone.

Don't fly indoors until you are far more familiar with the drone and how to operate it. As a beginner, you're writing a recipe for problems by flying indoors.

As for the limited flight time, did you fully charge the batteries? Was the battery level at or very near 100% when you powered up before takeoff? Are you watching the battery level in the app? If it declined from near 100% to 20% in ten minutes, there's a problem.

If you are new to recreational flying, be sure to take your TRUST exam. You cannot fail it. https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers/knowledge_test_updates

It is required to be legal. Enjoy that new Mini 3.
To be clear: Taking, and "passing" (successfully completing) the TRUST exam is a legal requirement BEFORE you fly the drone.

Put the battery on the charger, while you're waiting for it to fully charge, go do the TRUST exam. You will be glad you did.

Then go have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum