DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 3 pro,

chrishal

Reactions
good morning, im just getting acquainted wife my mini 3 pro, i have the following request for help please, first and formost ,playing my footage back on pc(it is old) it keeps buffering trying to keep up stop and starting, i have the 4k chip inserted in drone, that be my first question to solve, my second being sound,what device to i need to put sound to my video's, and finally i do have utube site, but its personal ,my question here is, is there a time limit for said videos to run,are you limited.

Reactions: Cafguy
If you are going to be editing video you are going to need a good computer NOT top of the line BUT it needs to be fairly new and with a decent video card. You can use PC or Mac. Mac is the industry standard and is used by professionals around the world when video editing.
Macs will also COST you lots more money. Pc's are used by practically everyone and will save you Money and learning a new O.S. that you may not be familiar with.
You will ALSO need some Video Editing Software ( To add sound and effects) There are MANY and the one you use will be up to you. I use Davinci-Resolve. Resolve is used by Production companies around the world and it is FREE It has a large learning curve BUT there are LOTS of helpful videos on the YouTube.
Speaking of YouTube-- I myself do not post videos So another member will have to chime in and tell you the ins and outs of that.
I hope this gets you started at least.

Last edited:
Copying 4k from your micro SD card inserted into you PC is the only way to go. However, you must have a pretty good graphics card and a pretty fast chip to handle 4k. Sounds like that is what you are experiencing. I had to upgrade my PC and bought a new laptop since I only video and play in 4k.
I have posted pretty long videos to YouTube with no problem. I use CapCut to add audio. It's easy to use and it's totally free.

Your questions are on a very general & basic level & a detailed guidance depends on what you want to achieve & what you are prepared to do, buy & learn.

-Your Mini 3 Pro (and assuming the SD card) can record & store hi resolution & hi frame rate video, it's not a bottle neck in a 4K work flow... all good there.

-You say that your computer is old, so I assume it struggle hard to play hi resolution/FPS video, that's probably the main reason for the starting/stopping & buffering. Another reason or additional, can be that you are trying to play the video directly from the SD card through an equal outdated card reader... copy the video over to the computer instead.

-If your computer already struggles just to play hi resolution/FPS video... it will struggle even more if you try to edit the video (to add sound effects &/or music).

With above you need to ask yourself...

-should I buy a new mid priced computer to be able to handle a 4K workflow & maybe one with some headroom for even higher resolutions/FPS in the future... & also then be able to edit the video?

-do I actually need 4K high FPS video.. or is it enough with 1080P, 1440P or 2,7K at 25-30FPS? Choosing a lower resolution & framerate in the Mini 3 Pro will make it easier for everything that comes after the flight... lower demands on your computer hardware, card readers, SD cards, less storage needs, faster downloads from card to PC, faster uploads to YouTube & less processing power required to do smaller edits. (This can mean that your present computer may still work or that you can buy a cheaper new one)

-when it comes to editing & adding sound... am I prepared to upgrade the PC to be able & after that learn how to?

YouTube

No it doesn't exist any limits regarding the number of clips you can have there or any duration limits. But if you want others to watch your vids (you make videos for an audience) it's always good to keep each video around max 4-5min & also think a bit about cutting up the video in different scenes of about 5-7sec each... that will keep the viewers interest.

Excellent reply slup. We each have our preference in how we video. Mine is always to video in 4k. "IF" the equipment allows 4k. Almost all drones have 4k. I want to watch the video in the highest resolution possible. I can really tell the difference in 1080p vs 4k. I always say; In 1080p I can see the trees, and in 4k I can see the leaves on the trees." I want to see the leaves!

Reactions: slup
If you are going to be editing video you are going to need a good computer NOT top of the line BUT it needs to be fairly new and with a decent video card. You can use PC or Mac. Mac is the industry standard and is used by professionals around the world when video editing.
Macs will also COST you lots more money. Pc's are used by practically everyone and will save you Money and learning a new O.S. that you may not be familiar with.
You will ALSO need some Video Editing Software ( To add sound and effects) There are MANY and the one you use will be up to you. I use Davinci-Resolve. Resolve is used by Production companies around the world and it is FREE It has a large learning curve BUT there are LOTS of helpful videos on the YouTube.
Speaking of YouTube-- I myself do not post videos So another member will have to chime in and tell you the ins and outs of that.
I hope this gets you started at least.
great advise, i need to change my graphics /video card then, thankyou.

Copying 4k from your micro SD card inserted into you PC is the only way to go. However, you must have a pretty good graphics card and a pretty fast chip to handle 4k. Sounds like that is what you are experiencing. I had to upgrade my PC and bought a new laptop since I only video and play in 4k.
I have posted pretty long videos to YouTube with no problem. I use CapCut to add audio. It's easy to use and it's totally free.
i had a feeling that is my issue, out dated pc along with graphics card and fast chip, will be searching for a newish pc, thanks for help

great advise, i need to change my graphics /video card then, thankyou.
Another thing to keep an eye on is which video codec you are recording in. H264 can be handled reasonably well by less powerful PC's that use onboard graphics chips instead of a dedicated GPU.
H265 is a bugger. It will really give your older PC a workout. Editing, rendering and playback of H265 footage will be plagued by buffering.
Try H264 4K @ 30fps.

thanks for advise, i think im getting it now, i will invest in second pc with decent card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147