DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro Flyaway - Singapore

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your negative experience but which eventually ended positively.
However, do note that referring to DJI's app is not sufficient (as it can be outdated or inaccurate). You should have referred to the authorised CAAS reference map (OneMap, as mentioned by wco81 above), and you would have been informed that the location where you flew is a NFZ and unauthorised flights of UAVs are not allowed from 0 feet to 4,000 feet above sea level. In fact the hotel where you stayed is on the busiest shopping street in Singapore.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Touring497
...I don't believe I was irresponsible.
From my research, all i found was 'A permit is not required to fly a drone that weighs 7 kilograms (15 pounds) or less that is being flown 200 feet or below...
Yeah... you just flew, & honestly I don't think you cared so much.

You were up on 591,9ft & that was above HP which was already up on a building... so even higher AGL.

And...

1705746019077.png

Reactions: skyscapist
Just wandering if he would have been accosted if launching from any public areas.

Once upon a time Singapore caned a teenaged visitor who spitted on a sidewalk or something.

They don't play around, or at least didn't use to.

Just to add too, in Singapore the flight ceiling for non-commercial UA flights is 60 meters AMSL (Above Mean Sea Level), as opposed to AGL (Above Ground Level). Also your flight was within a restricted area "WSR38", where a permit was required from CAAS for any UA flight.

From my research, all i found was 'A permit is not required to fly a drone that weighs 7 kilograms (15 pounds) or less that is being flown 200 feet or below. If flying a drone heavier than 7 kilograms (15 pounds) or above 60 meters (200 feet), a permit is required'

So based on this and using a Mini 4 pro, I just flew. This is why I purchased this drone in the first place. The DJI app did not show any restrictions in the city, just close by there are a few plane paths, which are restricted.

Saw no drone activity to be fair, but I was only there for 48 hours.
You are lucky not to have been caught by the authorities for flying in a NO FLY ZONE that too without a permit. If caught you would have ended S$ 50,000/- poorer and or 6 month jail for the first offence.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne