DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro How To Downgrade To Stock To Bypass Non OEM Battery Plus Issue

justinmercer

Reactions
Hey there, I recently purchased a mini 4 pro and a non oem plus battery from amazon. I was able to fly it twice and then I did the software upgrades and now turns on but does not let you take off. Please tell me there is a way to just flash the stock firmware back to it as that is such a waste of money to just not be able to just use it as a webcam lol.

Hey there, I recently purchased a mini 4 pro and a non oem plus battery from amazon. I was able to fly it twice and then I did the software upgrades and now turns on but does not let you take off. Please tell me there is a way to just flash the stock firmware back to it as that is such a waste of money to just not be able to just use it as a webcam lol.
You should be able to reflash the software back by using the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer; however, sometimes that feature is locked out preventing you from reverting back. If that's the case, perhaps you can return the battery?

Lesson learned.

Whatever the modest savings, it's not worth buying a 3rd party battery.

Reactions: rp6
Please tell me there is a way to just flash the stock firmware back to it

In short, NO, the firmware has something called an AntiRollBack Feature, called ARB for short, when DJI release a FW they usually increase the number so if originally its was 1 and the newer FW is 2 you then cant use the FW with an ARB of 1, like everyone else who bought these batteries you are without recourse as DJI treat them as non OEM parts and wont fix the issue they caused.

Reactions: Cafguy
You can't downgrade, but there is a chance you can hack battery firmware to work with newest drone firmware. Russians have a working fix for their own batteries, but it requires sending the battery to them. Unfortunately, I think they only apply patches for their own batteries, but you can ask them for more info. Look for DJIBAT on Telegram.
1000013259.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lexchin