DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini CE to FCC mod

Drony_Drone

Reactions
I’m in UK so have a CE Mini. The range is ok although I do get lost signals etc, I normally just put this down to it being a WiFi model and limited.

I’ve just been back on forum and read that there is a pretty simple way to goto FCC mode using an Android phone.

I use an iPhone to fly. Is it just the setup mod that requires an Android phone, after that you can just fly with an iPhone as normal?

Does it really make that much difference in range and connection? Mines out of DJI refresh and warranty now so it’s tempting, as I keep thinking if getting the Mini 2 for the better range/connection but then think don’t really need to, and to wait for Mini 3 maybe.

Will it be better in more urban areas etc for connection and range? Obviously I fly LOS but I still get disconnections/break ups/warnings even when a few hundred metres away.

So anyone in UK done this, and fly with an iPhone? Is it safe to do? Any tips, do you still leave it on auto channel select?

Thanks

If you try the search function in here (magnifying glass on the top RHS) I am fairly sure I have seen a discussion about this. I can't remember where / when, nor, for certain, what the conclusion was but I think it was, it was of no advantage.
If the controller has an unobstructed 'view' of the drone mine can normally go to the limit of my vision, around 500m to 600m, background dependant. I can experience connection issues closer than that if there is mist or haze etc. and seems reduced by trees but on a clear day over open sea I went further.

Are you flying at height when experiencing connection issues? If the 'radius' to the drone is near vertical my connection quality seems to decrease even with the antenae perpendicular to that radius.

Yeh tried the search but had some specific questions and wondered if anyone specifically in UK had done it and what results were.

It’s just general connection and wondered if this helped at all. I never fly overhead as that is worst position for the connection. I always take off and fly out, and stand back from where I’m flying over for best connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu