DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Getting Mini 2 Features?

Matt M PA

Reactions
I seem to remember, but cannot find it now....that someone posted the Mini would be getting some or all of the Mini 2 features via a software or firmware upgrade. I believe they suggested within a couple weeks.

Does anyone else remember this or have info?

I'm not unhappy with my Mini, but would be glad to improved features, if possible.

Reactions: DanDiego
At least the yaw speed limit and smoothness setting, please ! I strongly hope for those one.

Pierre

This is t generally something DJI do. They keep new fear or new models to encourage people to upgrade.

I think DJI will hold off adding features to the MM1 as it's end of life and will not be the focus of their support going forward, which is obviously directed towards the MA2 and MM2

You can modify a lot of the MM1 characteristics by changing parameters in the firmware. Max tilt angles can be increased/decreased, gimbal/aircraft yaw behaviour can be tweaked, yaw speeds can be changed for each mode, and vertical ascent speeds can be increased/decreased. The MM1 can be tweaked to perform much like the Mini2.

You can modify a lot of the MM1 characteristics by changing parameters in the firmware. Max tilt angles can be increased/decreased, gimbal/aircraft yaw behaviour can be tweaked, yaw speeds can be changed for each mode, and vertical ascent speeds can be increased/decreased. The MM1 can be tweaked to perform much like the Mini2.
Any tips on how we do that ?

Any tips on how we do that ?
Sure! Firstly roll back to the 0400 firmware on the drone (can be done with DJI Assistant), Then download the Drone-hacks software from ( Mod Removed)Connect up the drone to your computer and head to the parameters section. You'll find some sliders for max ascent/descent and tilt settings for different flight modes. In the advanced parameters section you'll find hundreds of slightly cryptically named parameters that you can edit at your own risk :p . YOu can search for keywords such as "gimbal" or "tilt" etc to find the parameters you're after.

The key ones of interest to me were:
  • aircraft tilt limits I've set mine to 25deg for P mode and 35deg for S mode (to minimise gimbal jerkiness as seen on the Mini2). Firmware 0500 limits you to the standard settings for maximums, hence the suggestion to roll back to 0400 firmware, which has 60deg as the max limit.
  • "Gimbal_follow" set to 0 (this stops the yaw from being so sluggish to respond)
  • Vertical ascent speed - I've set it to 6m/s in sports mode and 4m/s in P mode
  • Yaw speed increased to 300deg/s in S mode and increased to 150deg/sec in P mode. I can't remember the exact parameter name, but I think it had "turn" in the name, and the default value was 150 for sport mode. There was a similarly named one for P mode.
With these tweaks the Mini1 flies a fair bit more responsively, has better wind resistance and overall feels like a much more powerful drone than stock. It looks like you can tweak the stick sensitivity/expo response too, but I've not dabbled with any of those settings yet.

I didn't find any to unlock 4k video or RAW stills recording :(?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure! Firstly roll back to the 0400 firmware on the drone (can be done with DJI Assistant), Then download the Drone-hacks software from ( Mod Removed) Connect up the drone to your computer and head to the parameters section. You'll find some sliders for max ascent/descent and tilt settings for different flight modes. In the advanced parameters section you'll find hundreds of slightly cryptically named parameters that you can edit at your own risk :p . YOu can search for keywords such as "gimbal" or "tilt" etc to find the parameters you're after.

The key ones of interest to me were:
  • aircraft tilt limits I've set mine to 25deg for P mode and 35deg for S mode (to minimise gimbal jerkiness as seen on the Mini2). Firmware 0500 limits you to the standard settings for maximums, hence the suggestion to roll back to 0400 firmware, which has 60deg as the max limit.
  • "Gimbal_follow" set to 0 (this stops the yaw from being so sluggish to respond)
  • Vertical ascent speed - I've set it to 6m/s in sports mode and 4m/s in P mode
  • Yaw speed increased to 300deg/s in S mode and increased to 150deg/sec in P mode. I can't remember the exact parameter name, but I think it had "turn" in the name, and the default value was 150 for sport mode. There was a similarly named one for P mode.
With these tweaks the Mini1 flies a fair bit more responsively, has better wind resistance and overall feels like a much more powerful drone than stock. It looks like you can tweak the stick sensitivity/expo response too, but I've not dabbled with any of those settings yet.

I didn't find any to unlock 4k video or RAW stills recording :(?

Have you tried boost mode on the MM1 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried boost mode on the MM1 ?
Not tried the boost mode. You need the paid-for version of the software to get that option. Also, I find the transmitter range for the MM1 to be more than adequate for the vast majority of my flights. Legally in the UK you can't fly further than 500m away from yourself and in both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz modes I can usually get close to 500m range.

Not tried the boost mode. You need the paid-for version of the software to get that option. Also, I find the transmitter range for the MM1 to be more than adequate for the vast majority of my flights. Legally in the UK you can't fly further than 500m away from yourself and in both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz modes I can usually get close to 500m range.
And now your talking about hacking and this is not the section so it stops here.

Reactions: scro
Back to the original topic, as someone who bought the MM1 two months ago -my fault for not checking on future release of MM2- it would be nice to see even the slightest improvements, through the DJI Fly and also firmware. Not talking about changing everything, but perhaps a couple of image enhancements (both models appear to use same camera/sensor?).. especially since the three biggest MM2 features are unique to that specific model (added power, occusync, and 4k video).
They don't have to, I thought they had been historically fair in updating and upgrading features to what the hardware can do, rather than just keep it locked as is. Might have to wait a few months.

Back to the original topic, as someone who bought the MM1 two months ago -my fault for not checking on future release of MM2- it would be nice to see even the slightest improvements, through the DJI Fly and also firmware. Not talking about changing everything, but perhaps a couple of image enhancements (both models appear to use same camera/sensor?).. especially since the three biggest MM2 features are unique to that specific model (added power, occusync, and 4k video).
They don't have to, I thought they had been historically fair in updating and upgrading features to what the hardware can do, rather than just keep it locked as is. Might have to wait a few months.

We'd had the API released for the MM a couple of months ago, so that added a lot more functionality through Litchi, DroneLink etc that we didn't have when most MM1s were sold. Yeah it'd be good for another update but sadly I don't think we'll be lucky...

Reactions: scro
I seem to remember, but cannot find it now....that someone posted the Mini would be getting some or all of the Mini 2 features via a software or firmware upgrade. I believe they suggested within a couple weeks.

Does anyone else remember this or have info?

I'm not unhappy with my Mini, but would be glad to improved features, if possible.
I bought the Mini Flymore kit on Amazon Prime Day and literally a few days later the Mini 2 came out. Very frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929