DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Gimbal knob rotating drone problem

YU6MM

Reactions
Hello guys, i didn't find similar problem on the internet and on forum.

My Mini is turning left or right while i tilting the camera up and down, but without touching the left stick. If i move orentation on stick, problem is gone, but when i change the orentation again and starting to move the camera up or down, drone starting to spininng again. Here is a youtube exaple ,

I can see in flight log that left stick indicating the move left and right, but i didn' touch the stick at all.

Anyone experienced the similar problem?

Reactions: Exphantomflyer
interesting. Did it happen out of the blue or after an incident? I'd calibrate the controller to see if it makes a difference.

interesting. Did it happen out of the blue or after an incident? I'd calibrate the controller to see if it makes a difference.
No crashes, nothing. Just started to do this. I calibrated everything and nothing happened.

What was the temperature when you did that flight? Many problems with minis in Greece these days due to 35C.

Never seen that one. That's wild, seems like RC calibration incomplete. Might have to call DJI if not. Borrow a remote?

Never seen that one. That's wild, seems like RC calibration incomplete. Might have to call DJI if not. Borrow a remote?
I don't hawe anyone with Mini around me to borrow remote. I send it to service and service guy told me the problem is in controller probably.

Thanks for answer, will post the update.

Reactions: PanX and Capt KO
MAVIC AIR 2 GIMBAL TILT / ROTATE BUG - Having the same issue recently. Every time I use the mini dial on the controller, the camera gimbal tilts down as intended, but the drone also rotates with the tilt. Rotates left on tilt down and rotates right on tilt up. It effectively breaks the gimbal tilt during flight.

The problem is also not consistent. If I resume flying, for a bit, it will tilt as intended, but after a stop, it occasionally resumes. No other fingers on control levers, just the dial.

MAVIC AIR 2 GIMBAL TILT / ROTATE BUG - Having the same issue recently. Every time I use the mini dial on the controller, the camera gimbal tilts down as intended, but the drone also rotates with the tilt. Rotates left on tilt down and rotates right on tilt up. It effectively breaks the gimbal tilt during flight.

The problem is also not consistent. If I resume flying, for a bit, it will tilt as intended, but after a stop, it occasionally resumes. No other fingers on control levers, just the dial.

are we sure that "the drone also rotates with the tilt"? perhaps the gimbal is not horizontal for some reason and tilting it down gives the optical sense that the drone rotates. Can you check the data and see that drone actually change heading?

are we sure that "the drone also rotates with the tilt"? perhaps the gimbal is not horizontal for some reason and tilting it down gives the optical sense that the drone rotates. Can you check the data and see that drone actually change heading?
100% sure. If I hover next to me and tilt the gimbal down, no other fingers controls, the drone camera Tilts down while turning left. When I tilt up camera back up, the drone rotates right and the camera tilts up. I have calibrated and reset the gimbal a dozen times trying to correct. I can see the camera and view the interaction. It is doing two different things with the gimbal tilt wheel.

Reactions: PanX
I assume by recalibrating you mean the control sticks. If not, try that.
I would also try to reinstall all the firmware, RC and Bird, and reinstall the DJI app.
Do you have Litchi? Try the gimbal thing while flying with Litchi instead of DJIFly.

Exactly the same problem I'm having. No crashes, perfect shape just started this dizzying feature one day. Impossible to keep track of where you are when it does this!
Was anyone able to get to the bottom of this?
Thanks!

Noticing the same thing as well. At times gimbal seemed a little stiff in movement, now this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU