DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini has microSD problem

gemniii

Reactions
MM with Samsung 32GB Evo Plus. First "long" flight it recorded 2 files. When reviewing the first file at the end it automagically went to the next file.
Since then every time I record a flight that creates a file over the 4K limit the second file is unreadable, I get the message
This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.
Is this a common problem?
I've been using cards of this brand/model/size in my Wyze cameras for years without failure.

I've had something similar once, make sure to stop recording video before you shut down the Mini. Otherwise it doesn't seem to get to finish writing the file out correctly. There are ways to recover these, but it's a bit long winded if I remember right.

Reactions: RMS001 and vetracer
Just power up the drone again and it should complete the writing of the file

Reactions: RMS001
MM with Samsung 32GB Evo Plus. First "long" flight it recorded 2 files. When reviewing the first file at the end it automagically went to the next file.
Since then every time I record a flight that creates a file over the 4K limit the second file is unreadable, I get the message

Is this a common problem?
I've been using cards of this brand/model/size in my Wyze cameras for years without failure.
There is a file size limitation of about 4 to 5 minutes and/or, I believe, 4gig. It will then open another file with a sequence number. BUT you have to manually STOP video recording for the drone to properly close out the file. You should not just turn off the drone if you were video recording.

Sometimes, you can restart the drone and then stop the recording and it will fix the issue.

Now that may not be the problem. Others may have other ideas.

Just power up the drone again and it should complete the writing of the file
That seems to work sometimes but not with 100% success. It didn't work for me and had some footage I really wanted so I went down a rabbit hole of editing and processing partial files and was able to recover it all. Definitely worth a first try though!

I think the 'power up thing' only works if it is the last file that was incorrectly stopped. Where it is a earlier part of a sequential recording then that probably isn't the case. Obviously someone please correct me if I am wrong.

As long as you make sure to stop recording before you turn off the drone, you shouldn't have this issue unless there's a card problem or some kind of hardware issue (which is rare). The breaking up of files is related to file size, not time. The bigger the format (4k 60fps) the shorter the time before it starts a new file. If you are shooting 1080P, you will get a much longer movie. It is usually around a 3.67GB file size limitation but it will seamlessly start a new file which only requires you to put it at the end of the previous clip and there will be no dropped frames.

[QUOTE = "gemniii, post: 1089453, lid: 133234"]
MM met Samsung 32GB Evo Plus. De eerste "lange" vlucht nam 2 bestanden op. Bij het bekijken van het eerste bestand aan het einde ging het automatisch naar het volgende bestand.
Sindsdien elke keer dat ik een vlucht opneem die een bestand maakt boven de 4K-limiet, het tweede bestand onleesbaar is, krijg ik het bericht

Is dit een veelvoorkomend probleem?
Ik gebruik kaarten van dit merk / model / formaat al jaren probleemloos in mijn Wyze-camera's.
[/CITAAT]

Hoi
Ik gebruik alleen ScanDisk Ultra 32 of 64 GB super snelle dataoverdracht lezen en schrijven.
Het is een feit dat u zich geen zorgen hoeft te maken. Altijd voor elke vlucht het kaartje formatteren in de drone
Gr

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll