DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini RTH at 50% battery

Giantofaman

Reactions
I have a Mini that recently has started giving a low battery warning and starting RTH at 50% battery. I have 3 batteries, all in good condition. It happens even if the drone is very close to me. Is there a way to change battery warning and RTH settings?

you dont say which Mini version you have

If this happens with all of them I'd contact DJI. If it is just one battery then I'd do the SW test. That test involves tossing the battery into a bucket of water. If it floats, it's good. Otherwise toss the battery and get a new one. (the original test as described to me was for snowmachine spark plugs but I think it applies universally).

I have a Mini that recently has started giving a low battery warning and starting RTH at 50% battery. I have 3 batteries, all in good condition. It happens even if the drone is very close to me. Is there a way to change battery warning and RTH settings?
Can you provide flight records via PhantomHelp Log Viewer?

If this happens with all of them I'd contact DJI. If it is just one battery then I'd do the SW test. That test involves tossing the battery into a bucket of water. If it floats, it's good. Otherwise toss the battery and get a new one. (the original test as described to me was for snowmachine spark plugs but I think it applies universally).
This is bad advice.
DJI batteries (or any other batteries) aren't ever going to float.
And putting lithium batteries into water is not a good idea.

Reactions: GrowingPlanetMedia
That was a joke. spark plugs don't float either. The point is, if it's not working, just toss it, but just in case it needs to be pointed out my "real" advice is to check with dji and "toss it" is also not meant to be literal. There are, in may areas, recycling centers that can deal with batteries appropriately. Sometimes I assume folks won't take comments such as this literally. My bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato