DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE Firmware update fail

DeltaDart

Reactions
New owner of a Mini SE here, the drone is brand new and never flown. I've attempted to update the firmware multiple times with all ending in failure. The firmware update install reaches 66% then hangs for about 10 minutes then reports the failure. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Just a couple of things to try:
Make sure you're logged in to your DJI account. Use DJI Assistant with the AC plugged into your computer. (It may be a permissions or firewall problem with your router)

Reactions: DeltaDart
Just a couple of things to try:
Make sure you're logged in to your DJI account. Use DJI Assistant with the AC plugged into your computer. (It may be a permissions or firewall problem with your router)
Thanks for the response. I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and it would recognize the controller and connect but not the drone for some reason. Then I read on other threads about interference from other equipment (computers, speakers, metal, etc). All my attempts to update the Mini SE it has been setting on my office desk, which is stainless steel and right next to my monitor. I moved the drone over to a wood desk in the office and initiated the update firmware download via the DJI Fly app and updated and completed without any issues. So, I suppose I was dealing with EM interference when using the DJI Fly App, as far as the DJI Assistant not connecting to the drone, I don't know.

Found this trick on another firmware thread and it solved my non-connectivity between the Mini SE to DJI Asst 2 program.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada