DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Skin Template - Same as the Mini

March411

Reactions
Are the body components the same for the mini as the mini 2.

I am trying to find a free template for the Mini 2 but have come up empty, there are a few for the Mini.

Hi. No ! They are not the same. I have been designing templates and making skins for over 2 years now.
They are now flying around in 17 different countries. So i do have some knowledge on this.

They are similar... I am referring to the drone only, not battery hubs or controllers.
The biggest difference is in the legs, front and back. Then the underside ( front) of the main body ..There is no cut out for LED needed with Mini. But it is needed for the Mini 2. If you want a skin/wrap that fits like a glove, then the skin for the original mini is not the answer.

I am wondering why you ae looking for FREE templates ? The amount of man hours spent making templates, fine tuning them, testing them is enormous. Not to mention the cost of materials and consumables.
People spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of pounds on drones. But when it comes to protecting their drone with wraps etc, Or increasing it's visibility they want things for free... The mind boggles :)

Reactions: XB70Valkyrie
Wait up!!! Mavic Mini, Mini 2, and Mini SE all have the same styling but DIFFERENT bodies! Mavic Mini has bumps on the front landing gears that would be problematic with skin. Mini 2 has front light unlike Mini 1/SE and, Mini 2 has no bump on front landing gears. Mini SE has no light or bump on front landing gear. If you want to personalize I recommend Decal Girl because you can fully customize Mini 2 wrap. If you don’t want full customization I would really recommend Wrapgrade because they are better wraps.
Hope this helps!

I was simply looking for the template to cut reflective tape for the battery compartment door and the rear legs to give me better VLOS on my MM2.

YNWA 2021, no need to get into such a huff over someone wanting to try something for themselves.... but small things can boggle one's mind.

I was simply looking for the template to cut reflective tape for the battery compartment door and the rear legs to give me better VLOS on my MM2.

YNWA 2021, no need to get into such a huff over someone wanting to try something for themselves.... but small things can boggle one's mind.
Oh, ok. The battery compartment door is the exact same on Mini 1, Mini SE, and Mini 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard