DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mirror phone to tablet

New to this

Reactions
Hi Guys Being very new to drones I had a thought in my car I can "mirror" my phone to the radio. Does anyone know if it is possible to use the phone with my Mavic Air 2 and also see it on my tablet at the same time. I dont want to record on the phone or tablet just "see" what the phone screen is showing. Any ideas or has anyone tried it. Thanks guys

Reactions: mereflyer and JackL
interesting i have no idea how you would achieve it though ,you would have to try it out ,let us know how you get on

This is something I’ve looked into many times but the only solution ever found was a dud (for ios).

How heavily would it load the cpu of whatever is wire connected to the controller?
Is the tablet not compatible with the app?
The latter raises an interesting idea lol, would a non 64bit tablet work as the 'mirrored to' screen?

Just found this thread on here SCREEN MIRRORING TEST UPDATED. This guy has done it using a bit of software. Have a read I wil try it after Christmas (Mavic air 2 present) And let you know. Thanks Guys and Merry Christmas and hopefully a healthy new year. Tha app is called "samsung flow"

Great idea and thread!! I am going to make this work for me even if I need to bring a wifi router out in the field. Hopefully a phone hotspot will do as the wifi bridge for my non Samsung flying contraption!!

I've mirrored my iPad to my AppleTV and to my Windows Laptop. It's really cool but it REALLY bogs down the primary device because it's processing all of the DATA (to/from aircraft) while also sending a video stream OUT to the additional device.

We do this often on an actual Incident where-by allowing the Incident Commander and Command Staff to get a real-time (slight lag) view of the incident. It works flawlessly from iPad to AppleTV but it eats CPU and battery up.

Reactions: Thomas B and JackL
How heavily would it load the cpu of whatever is wire connected to the controller?
Is the tablet not compatible with the app?
The latter raises an interesting idea lol, would a non 64bit tablet work as the 'mirrored to' screen?
It would definately put a heavier load on the main unit. As long as the second unit is able to mirror it would be fine. It doesn't transfer the workload of the main unit so the one being mirrored to wouldn't have to be 64 bit. It's just mirroring the video.

:))))))))) so it is possible, if they can mirror, that a Nexus 7 or Tesco Hudl2 could be used as the tablet if the main unit can handle the work load. That would be very nice for me lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada