DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing panorama files

houldsworth1

Reactions
I don't normally use the Fly app, but was trying it out as there are some features I need for an upcoming shoot.

I normally run 360 panos in Dronelink and stich them myself. But I thought I would see how the DJI software does and took a few test shots.

In each case the pano is missing a section. There are only 21 photos (DL takes 23) and it doesn't go all the way around. It seems like it misses the last 2 or three photos, including the nadir shot. As such, both the 360 photo processed in the app, and anything I do myself, have gaps and a hole.

What am I missing?

I went back and looked at folders from a previous test back in March (yes...I'm a data hoarder) and it has the exact same problem, so it doesn't seem to be new.

Here's a link to the DJI app stitched image

Pano

I'm certainly glad I tested this before assuming all was good or this could have been embarrassing. I guess for the time being I'll go back to my old methods.

TIA for any helpful information

And a quick update...
I ran two more panos in the house (it's raining today) and both worked fine. This time it took 26 (I think?) photos and no gaps.

It's possible that I switched modes before it fully finished processing and I just need to be patient.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

And a quick update...
I ran two more panos in the house (it's raining today) and both worked fine. This time it took 26 (I think?) photos and no gaps.

It's possible that I switched modes before it fully finished processing and I just need to be patient.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
After it's done taking the shots... the fly app processes them. It could be that you didnt allow it to finish. Ive done that a couple times and lost the whole shot.

After it's done taking the shots... the fly app processes them. It could be that you didnt allow it to finish. Ive done that a couple times and lost the whole shot.
I think that might be it. There was a break in the weather and I went out and re-shot it and that seems fine so...I guess I need to be patient :)