DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Planning for Photogrammetry

arpitrocks

Reactions
Hello Everyone!

I am a beginner and have started using Mavic Pro 2 for about a month especially to do photogrammetry. To perform mission flights, I have tried different applications such as DroneDeploy, DJIGO4, Pix4D, however, my flights were limited by the minimum altitude (10 meters - Pix4D).

I would like to fly as low as 5 meters above the ground with a planned mission flight to have better GSD. I would really appreciate, if somebody can suggest/recommend me a way to do it?

Have a great day!

Arpit

Reactions: ArcTenTen
I would like to fly as low as 5 meters above the ground with a planned mission flight to have better GSD.
You can have a GSD of 0.1 cm/px with a Mavic 2 Pro camera when flying at 5m height.
DJI Ground Station Pro is capable of flying that low.

It is not very efficient because the flight time required (i.e. batteries used), side and front lap results in an excessive amount of images produced by the sensor and therefore significantly more processing power and time needed afterward.
In addition, the flight height is more error-prone to deal with obstacles or changing ground elevation.

If you really need the GSD, then you must go for a different camera system.

There is more about this specific topic, just read more on various sites on the Internet about that.
Start here:

Hello Everyone!

I am a beginner and have started using Mavic Pro 2 for about a month especially to do photogrammetry. To perform mission flights, I have tried different applications such as DroneDeploy, DJIGO4, Pix4D, however, my flights were limited by the minimum altitude (10 meters - Pix4D).

I would like to fly as low as 5 meters above the ground with a planned mission flight to have better GSD. I would really appreciate, if somebody can suggest/recommend me a way to do it?

Have a great day!

Arpit
Just curious, what is GSD?

Reactions: BillyP
Just curious, what is GSD?
GSD = Ground Sampling Distance

A GSD of 3 cm means that one pixel in the image represents linearly 3 cm on the ground (3*3 = 9 square centimeters)

Reactions: Camino Ken
GSD = Ground Sampling Distance

A GSD of 3 cm means that one pixel in the image represents linearly 3 cm on the ground (3*3 = 9 square centimeters)
Thanks

Hi Arpit : You are not alone. By coincidence - I'm trying to achieve exactly the same thing. I'm encouraged by the useful info from KEULE that 0.1cm GSD can be achieved. I'm conscious that it's not only GSD and mega pixels that contribute to clear imaging of very small details: It's the host of trade-offs that prevent blur too; such as gimbal performance and shutter speed (and associated factors like aperture size, and performance at high IOS/ASA, . I've started a separate thread on a related question : Which drone will give the best results for this Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Zoom? And of course there is our other big question - which flight planning software will enable this !

Reactions: ArcTenTen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
douggodley