DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission planning offline, finally!

raylo32

Reactions
Maybe this is a big d'oohh for some of you but it was driving me crazy. I just figured out how to plan a waypoint mission without being connected to the aircraft and leaving it powered on. For some reason there doesn't seem to be a way to just start the Go4 app and get into this without having the aircraft powered up and hitting the "Go Fly" button. So do that, power up everything like you are going to fly. Then just turn the aircraft off. The Go4 app will report "aircraft disconnected" but still allow mission planning. Doing this on an ipad Mini4.

Reactions: AMann
Looks like not. See my other post about the app not being fully functional with the AC offline. Can't set waypoint altitudes above 20 meters. Maybe some other issues that I didn't get to.

This is crazy. Offline mission planning has been standard in the Ardupilot world for many years. DJI must have a reason for hamstringing the Go4 app.

Really shouldn't need a separate app... Just need the Go4 app to do offline what it does when connected to the aircraft. Makes no sense to have the M2 powered up sitting there getting hot and draining the flight battery whilst one is setting up a waypoint mission.

They distribute the SDK for a reason ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11