DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Missouri River Valley & Loess Hills, Southwest Iowa (4k)

FoxFlight Drone Video

Reactions
Site
foxflight2020.com
The miles wide and almost completely flat Missouri River Valley is bordered by the Loess Hills, a formation of wind-deposited loess soil in the westernmost parts of Iowa and Missouri and the easternmost parts of Nebraska and Kansas. Where they meet, fertile farmland gives immediate way to rolling forested hills almost as if the hills were sitting on a table. It is this contrast that makes driving through the valley on I-29 a peculiar sight.

Filmed with: Mavic 2 Pro
Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020
Music: "Crossing Paths" from Adobe Royalty Free Music

Nice job with the music track and the editing.
Thanks for that... So much of what I do isn't just about shot selection. I really focus on the final product and spend a LOT of time on the editing. Take a glance at some of my other work on the YouTube channel. I would love your feedback on some of those as well!

I'm sure some people would not think of Iowa as beautiful since it has a reputation as being flat farmland. But clearly, this is a beautiful part of the state and I find great beauty in the rows and rows of corn, soybeans and other crops. Overall, very nice video. a bit long for my tastes. While the speed-ramping was interesting the way you did it, again, a bit too much of it. Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure some people would not think of Iowa as beautiful since it has a reputation as being flat farmland. But clearly, this is a beautiful part of the state and I find great beauty in the rows and rows of corn, soybeans and other crops. Overall, very nice video. a bit long for my tastes. While the speed-ramping was interesting the way you did it, again, a bit too much of it. Thanks for sharing.
Obviously "flat" is a relative term. In all my travels, I have to agree that compared to Colorado, Washington, California, and even northern Georgia... yeah Nebraska and Iowa are "flat". (And then you go to western Kansas or south Texas... now THAT is "FLAT!"

Anyway, my vids tend to be in the 4:00-5:30 range. With this one, once I decided to use the speed ramp (more of a "speed pulse"), it helped me get in a lot more of my huge amount of footage. My thought was that many of them gave a sort of "looking around" feel. But yeah, I get your point on the "too much".

Thanks for the comments!

Beautiful area. Loved the images but the frequent variations either of drone speed or done in post ( don’t know which) were distracting.
Note most viewers stop watching after about 3 minutes.

Beautiful area. Loved the images but the frequent variations either of drone speed or done in post ( don’t know which) were distracting.
Note most viewers stop watching after about 3 minutes.
Yeah, the speed ramps were in post. I found it was better than breaking up the longer shots into segments and I had too much footage to cover in the amount of time.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum