DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM Identification

OldGuy

Reactions
Here in Spain all drones and the corresponding remote must carry a fireproof ID plate with the following details on it:

Make of drone/Drone type/Drone model/Serial number/Operator name and contact details.

This morning I was at one of my favourite flying spots when the police arrived. They immediately asked to see my MM ID plate. Unfortunately it was in the post as I only ordered it a few days ago. However my M2Z did have the ID plate installed both on the aircraft and the remote. The police then said that I could fly the M2Z but not the MM. I have no complaints as the were very courteous. When I got home I found that the MM ID plates had arrived so I immediately installed them ready for the next outing.

Does this apply to other countries also? I’ve never seen it mentioned in any of the threads?

we have a operator id which has to be visible on the outside of the drone and that number goes on all drones you own, but then we have flyer id which anyone who flies a drone must have, and has to be carried at all times when you are flying, normally it will bein the form of an Email on your device, or you can get a hard copy made and carry it in the case with your drone, you can own drones without actually flying them ,and you can fly someones drone with their permission but to do so you will need flyer id

Reactions: THE CYBORG
we have a operator id which has to be visible on the outside of the drone and that number goes on all drones you own, but then we have flyer id which anyone who flies a drone must have, and has to be carried at all times when you are flying, normally it will bein the form of an Email on your device, or you can get a hard copy made and carry it in the case with your drone, you can own drones without actually flying them ,and you can fly someones drone with their permission but to do so you will need flyer id

If I visit my daughter in the UK at the end of this year and bring my MM. Does this mean I need to get an operator/flyer ID?

I don't have a Mini but as far as I am aware they are under the weight that requires any form of registration to fly in the UK.
If I am wrong someone will no doubt correct me.

Reactions: old man mavic
If I visit my daughter in the UK at the end of this year and bring my MM. Does this mean I need to get an operator/flyer ID?
if your MM is still under the weight limit no add ons or prop guards then as things stand now no ,but at the end of the year things will be changing, and it seems all drones with a camera regardless of weight will need to comply with new rules when they come into force ,but of course the exact details have not been finalised yet

Last edited:
i am not sure if your post was a poor attempt at humour, or just trying to get a reaction from me but i feel that the mention of w**d in your second line is a breach of forum rules for inappropriate content, so to that end i am deleting it

As has been said for UK must have Op ID on your aircraft (currently if over 250g) and carry a flyer ID. I've only ever been asked for my flier ID once and the cop admitted it was just for his interest. My 10 year old daughter got her flier ID so she could fly my MA1 and I got her an ID card from amazon she could carry when flying.. eventually as they were so cheap I got myself one just to make it easier.. Still keep the Email on my phone though.

Here in Spain all drones and the corresponding remote must carry a fireproof ID plate with the following details on it:

Make of drone/Drone type/Drone model/Serial number/Operator name and contact details.

This morning I was at one of my favourite flying spots when the police arrived. They immediately asked to see my MM ID plate. Unfortunately it was in the post as I only ordered it a few days ago. However my M2Z did have the ID plate installed both on the aircraft and the remote. The police then said that I could fly the M2Z but not the MM. I have no complaints as the were very courteous. When I got home I found that the MM ID plates had arrived so I immediately installed them ready for the next outing.

Does this apply to other countries also? I’ve never seen it mentioned in any of the threads?
Visiting Spain and later on Tenerife. Reading up on flying there I need a fireproof plate with information on drone and controller. Where can these be bough in U.K.? Thanks

I get mine from Amazon.Es https://www.amazon.es/SERVIVANT-For...words=dji+mini+2+plazas&qid=1631288775&sr=8-2
You should be able to get them in the UK? If not Amazon. Es will most likely send them to you. If you have anymore questions let me know.
Thanks, off to Malaga tomorrow, so to late. didn’t want to drone there as too built up. Canaries later this year so hopefully get sorted soon. Had good time flying in Malta/ Gozo a while back, fireproof id seems to apply to Spain and Germany only. EASA rules with add ons. Portugal apparently have reinvented the rules? Thanks again for your helpful reply ?

Thanks, off to Malaga tomorrow, so to late. didn’t want to drone there as too built up. Canaries later this year so hopefully get sorted soon. Had good time flying in Malta/ Gozo a while back, fireproof id seems to apply to Spain and Germany only. EASA rules with add ons. Portugal apparently have reinvented the rules? Thanks again for your helpful reply ?
By the way I am in Malaga area. Plenty of places to fly but not in the city itself or close to the airport.

By the way I am in Malaga area. Plenty of places to fly but not in the city itself or close to the airport.
Just an update. Off to Playa Blanca tomorrow with plates fitted. Only seems available from Amazon Spain, but wouldn’t ship to U.K. Got them sent to my daughters Spanish holiday home and she brought them back for me 👍

Reactions: OldGuy
Just for the sake of accuracy, the Spanish regulations state:

“However, all drones weighing 251 grams or more must be appropriately identified by a fireproof plate attached to the housing”

so the Mini/Mini2 doesn’t need the fireproof plate.

Just for the sake of accuracy, the Spanish regulations state:

“However, all drones weighing 251 grams or more must be appropriately identified by a fireproof plate attached to the housing”

so the Mini/Mini2 doesn’t need the fireproof plate.
I have been stopped three times by the Spanish police and each time they asked to see the ID plates both on the drone and the remote. At this time I had the plates on the M2Z but the plates for my Mini 2 were in the post. They allowed me to fly the M2Z but not the Mini 2 without the plates.
One of these police groups were the well known Guardia Civil with whom you don't argue irrespective of the what the regulations say!

One of these police groups were the well known Guardia Civil with whom you don't argue irrespective of the what the regulations say!
I was just quoting the official regulations for Spain. If any other forum members are going to Spain, it may be worth having access to the regulations to show the police.

I was just quoting the official regulations for Spain. If any other forum members are going to Spain, it may be worth having access to the regulations to show the police.
For the price of a few Euros/Pounds you may as well fit the ID plates and avoid any hassle!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929