DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Montana Images from Wednesday and Thursday-the night sky,MillCreek,Bridgers

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Here are a few images from Wednesday night and Thursday, Aug. 3 and 4. The night shots were taken, amazingly, from the patio of my rental condo on the top of the big ski mountain,Lone Mountain. The river images were taken with an iPhone, standing in a running brook in some of the most gorgeous back country while I was fly fishing,. The drone panoramas were taken from a road turnout of the Bridger Montains on the outskirts of Bozeman,Montana, where the famous Bridger Bowl and ski area is. Bozeman is the home of Montana State University.
All comments always welcomed
Dale
Aug.4-2022 MillCreek-view to road.jpg

Attachments

• Bozeman home neaer the Bridger Mtns.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 37
  • Bridger-Mountains Panorama.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Dusk-LoneMtn-Moon and stars.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • MilkyWay with painted trees.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Mill Creek-2.jpg
    Mill Creek-2.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Yellowstone-River-Paradise Valley DronePanorama.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Dale D…great shots. I’m enjoying travelling vicariously through Montana with you 🚌. I feel, that the Montana State Department of Tourism should be paying you for your photos. 👍

Dale D…great shots. I’m enjoying travelling vicariously through Montana with you 🚌. I feel, that the Montana State Department of Tourism should be paying you for your photos. 👍
Thank you.
Wouldn't that be nice to get $$ for what I am loving to do here anyway?

I have planned a trip next August to Canmore, Banff, Lake Louise, Yoho,Jasper, Robson, Emerald Lake in Alberta/British Colombia. I will not be able to fly but there is plenty of material for timelapse's.

Dale

Montana is underrated. Gorgeous state that gets overshadowed by Utah and Colorado in the west.

Montana is underrated. Gorgeous state that gets overshadowed by Utah and Colorado in the west.
Well, unfortunately, Montana is now, no longer underrated! My wife and I have been coming to Big Sky,Montana for 25 years every summer to escape the Miami heat, and we usually, had the resort to ourselves, including fishing streams. It was considered a ski location. NO LONGER. This area is now overrun with construction, developers, building booms, bumper to bumper highways to and from Bozeman, skyrocketing prices in housing, restaurant meals, ad fishing sites. Yellowstone is a zoo. The Montage Hotel is now a high end resort filled with wealthy tourists, and there are 30 million dollar homes going up all over the mountain, etc.
This will be our last summer here!

Dale

Well, unfortunately, Montana is now, no longer underrated! My wife and I have been coming to Big Sky,Montana for 25 years every summer to escape the Miami heat, and we usually, had the resort to ourselves, including fishing streams. It was considered a ski location. NO LONGER. This area is now overrun with construction, developers, building booms, bumper to bumper highways to and from Bozeman, skyrocketing prices in housing, restaurant meals, ad fishing sites. Yellowstone is a zoo. The Montage Hotel is now a high end resort filled with wealthy tourists, and there are 30 million dollar homes going up all over the mountain, etc.
This will be our last summer here!

Dale
Dang, that's not what I wanted to hear. The whole west is getting overrun right now though so I'm not too surprised to hear it. The national parks in Utah are getting so crowded you need to reserve permits to just go on regular hikes. Where do you plan on going next on you summer trip if you are pivoting from Montana?

Dang, that's not what I wanted to hear. The whole west is getting overrun right now though so I'm not too surprised to hear it. The national parks in Utah are getting so crowded you need to reserve permits to just go on regular hikes. Where do you plan on going next on you summer trip if you are pivoting from Montana?
There was a recent article in the "Town and Country'Travel edition. They called it the "ASPENIZATION of Bozeman. Now Big Sky has become attractive to the elite crowd. It started with the Yellowstone Club here (private ski slopes, minimal 5 million property, but usually more), Ben Afflack, Jack Nicholson, Tiger Woods, etc. Now an area called Spanish Peaks is a bee hive of uber luxury home construction. Each home looks like a big ski lodge. Probably 30 million range.

Our usual summer rental were about $150 a night before covid. Now the typical summer rate for 2 bedroom is $450 to $1000 a night. I found a bargain at $1000 a week for 6 weeks.

So we are abandoning Big Sky- next summer will be the Canadian Rockies. Also crowded but a change of scene and more affordable VRBO's. Banff,Lake Louise, Jasper Park, Yoho and Emerald Lake, and Robson.

Dale

Looking forward to your visit. Things are changing here too with foreign investment. Canada is usually 5 years behind the US, but, that window is narrowing. You won’t put your camera down in Canada…the change of scenery will knock your socks off. Don’t forget to bring your drone. ✅

Looking forward to your visit. Things are changing here too with foreign investment. Canada is usually 5 years behind the US, but, that window is narrowing. You won’t put your camera down in Canada…the change of scenery will knock your socks off. Don’t forget to bring your drone. ✅
Well, from what I have discerned, the drone is going to be a problem. I already have take the basic exam and passed it but I cannot fly anywhere I am going go travel to! I am very happy for any of your input as to locations such the highway between Canmore and the parks, or the Icefield Parkway or other scenic areas that allow me to fly the M3.
I am attaching my pilot certificate.

Dale
Government of Canada.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose