DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Montana Views

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
On Thursday, we drove 2 hours southward from Big Sky,MT. , past Yellowstone, to the Montana/Idaho border. The states are separated at this point by the beautiful Centennial Mountain Range, pictured here in regular, and panoramic views from the air (Mavic 2 Pro drone). The valley is a vast open space of thousands of acres, mostly privately owned huge ranches and ranch houses.

Running through this valley is the Red Rock River, where we spent the day fly fishing. (I am happy to report catching several brook trout, a rainbow trout, and a whitefish-all released back to the river).

A final image shows the beautiful canyon road, route 191 running north/south from Bozeman to Yellowstone, following the course of the spectacularly beautiful Gallatin River. Shown in this aerial view is “House Rock”. This is a considerable danger and risk to the hundreds of kayakers and rafters that run this river in 3-4 large commercial groups every day.

The final picture is the Red Rock River that we walked and waded (fishing waders). You need to click separately on the two panoramas to open them.

Hope you enjoy.

Dale

Attachments

• Centennial-Mountains.jpg
    Centennial-Mountains.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Drone-Pano-Centennial-Mountains-5.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Drone-Pano-Centennials-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • HouseRock-Gallatin-from-above.jpg
    HouseRock-Gallatin-from-above.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Red-Rock-River-drone-view.jpg
    Red-Rock-River-drone-view.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
On Thursday, we drove 2 hours southward from Big Sky,MT. , past Yellowstone, to the Montana/Idaho border. The states are separated at this point by the beautiful Centennial Mountain Range, pictured here in regular, and panoramic views from the air (Mavic 2 Pro drone). The valley is a vast open space of thousands of acres, mostly privately owned huge ranches and ranch houses.

Running through this valley is the Red Rock River, where we spent the day fly fishing. (I am happy to report catching several brook trout, a rainbow trout, and a whitefish-all released back to the river).

A final image shows the beautiful canyon road, route 191 running north/south from Bozeman to Yellowstone, following the course of the spectacularly beautiful Gallatin River. Shown in this aerial view is “House Rock”. This is a considerable danger and risk to the hundreds of kayakers and rafters that run this river in 3-4 large commercial groups every day.

The final picture is the Red Rock ives that we walked and waded (fishing waders).

Hope you enjoy.

Dale
Always enjoy your work. BTW, I'm an old Missoula boy. Lived there from 1949-'52. My dad was a postal inspector in those days, and we moved around a lot.

Always enjoy your work. BTW, I'm an old Missoula boy. Lived there from 1949-'52. My dad was a postal inspector in those days, and we moved around a lot.
thanks for the kind words. So many good images to send. I have to curb myself from overloading the forum.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I guess you would have to call Montana "A target rich environment". ;)

yes-just point you lens in any direction for a spectacular view

Hi Dale,
wow what amazing shots of wonderfull landscapes, thanks for sharing them Thumbswayup

cheers Paul
I appreciate your viewing my work and your kind words. I am having great fun stitching 3-6 images together into pano. Much better faulty, in my opinion, than letting the drone do it for me. I am frustrated by not being able to shoot vertical images, which would make may panos better. Do you have any idea howe to shoot vertical images?

Dale

I appreciate your viewing my work and your kind words. I am having great fun stitching 3-6 images together into pano. Much better faulty, in my opinion, than letting the drone do it for me. I am frustrated by not being able to shoot vertical images, which would make may panos better. Do you have any idea howe to shoot vertical images?

Dale
You´r welcome Dale :) I never did a panoramic photo, I am rather a movie maker! I think that with a drone there is no way to shoot vertical images. It could be an option to fix a Hero7 vertically underneath the drone!
Cheers Paul

The 2nd to last and last are my faves... so much beauty in that place.

Such a beautiful area. As good as anywhere in the country, and you do a fabulous job of capturing the beauty.
Bill Dunnuck
Naples

You ALWAYS give us some beautiful shots. Keep 'em coming!
Many thanks,Dave. Always nice to be appreciated. Photography is hard work! Many hours preparing, hiking, processing, computer work, etc. Photography in my retirement from ophthalmic surgeon is a lifesaver.

I'll be here in Big Sky a few more weeks so more to come, I hope.

Here is one more of the Ted Turner Flying D-Ranch- sunset-panorama-116,000 acres of the most beautiful country you will ever want to see.

Attachments

• Turner-Flying D Ranch-sunset-Pano.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: DaveS
As always, lovely stuff! Hope to make it up that way some time for photos. I shoot with my MPP but love doing landscape with my DSLR- looks the place to be.

I should be working for the Montana chamber of commerce and tourismDale in Montana.jpegDale in Montana.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU