DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Mount Sneffels | 'Switzerland of America' Ouray CO! |

Karlewski

Reactions
This was a spectacular mountain climbing adventure right during the peak season for Colorado's San Juan Mountains. Mount Sneffels, at 14,000'+, has 2 main routes and I did them both as a loop to see the area I in all it glory! The ascent is somewhat intimidating as a class 3 scramble up the South West Ridge starting with a winding path through an impressive tower studded ridge and the upper section is comprised of a beautiful clean solid steep ridge with notable exposure on bothsides that offer world class views! Hope you enjoy the ride!!!
Karl

Awesome video!

Fantastic video Karl!
This is my dream climb, for sure. Two questions......first, how long did it take you to get to the summit? Second, do you definitely recommend helmets for the gully climb to the top?
This has to be the most beautiful climb in Colorado!
Thanks for posting.

Some how. missed this post?your question. The answer really depends on if you have a capable 4X4. From the Wright lake turn off, where I started, the hike/climb is fairly short, took me 5 hours AND that included making this video while moving at a normal pace and knowing the way. I would take a helmet, there are at least 2 places where you're climbing on loose class 3 and the way down on the standard route has some exposure to rock fall from others in there will likely be others. . . With 2WD add about 4 miles RT and something like 1000ft more gain, certainly 14er.com will give you exact stats. Cheers!

Karl, thanks for the information! The more traditional climb up Sneffels is definitely on my bucket list......I have a 2 Pro, and really want a self portrait using the drone while on the summit.
Love every one of your posts......and really appreciate your videos from less well-known landscapes in SE Utah.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne