DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moving on it's own

Trini_MP

Reactions
I did my first flight today... And my mavic does not hover in place... It moves by itself... Not any abrupt movements or drastic... But almost jus glides away from its hover position... What's wrong... Did I configure or didn't calibrate properly!????,

Where did you had your 1st flight and how high is the hover?

In my yard... Had it only over ing about 2-3 feet... I abit scared to fly it high and far yet..... Wt could be the issue... Maybe I need to recalibrate in another location

In my yard... Had it only over ing about 2-3 feet... I abit scared to fly it high and far yet..... Wt could be the issue... Maybe I need to recalibrate in another location

Take it out to a field. Do the compass calibration again and let it hover higher. See what happens

I did my first flight today... And my mavic does not hover in place... It moves by itself... Not any abrupt movements or drastic... But almost jus glides away from its hover position... What's wrong... Did I configure or didn't calibrate properly!????,

How far is it moving from the last position you leave it in?

It jus continues moving.... If u don't bring it back... It will continue going....

Mine does it too sometimes, could be wind, trying to maintain location with changing GPS singles, To close to ground, sensors detecting changing light. is only moves a few inches either way or up and down. I an not real concerned about it.

If you're hovering it low above grass I read that the sensors can have trouble detecting a pattern and "seeing" where it's at, which could result in slight drifting.

Reactions: Kilrah
Should be easy to fix. If it continues to happen you might have to do an IMU calibration. Maybe you can check the IMU readings in the GO4 app before startup to see if anything unusual.

I've had it since the early September update. Was rock solid before. Nothings changed in the set up or where I fly. It's annoying.

If you're hovering it low above grass I read that the sensors can have trouble detecting a pattern and "seeing" where it's at, which could result in slight drifting.

That shouldn't be the case. Position should be locked via gps not the sensors at the bottom. I have a hubsan that's only worth $150 and that will hover stable above grass without any sensors. Don't see why the Mavic can't do the same.

You could try taking it a little higher. Maybe above 6 metres. It might be more stable away from the ground. I’m thinking when you select precise landing on take-off, it rises to 6 metres instead of the standard 2 metres. It must need to do that to get a good fix. It’s worth a try.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista