DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Drone 'Reel' for 2020. Looking for feedback!

Midge001

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to grab some feedback from all my fellow peers on here.

I am a PFCO holder, and I have only used My Mavic 2 Pro for work (I am a Wedding Videographer/Corporate Videographer!).

Unfortunately I haven't really had much of a chance to fly for fun. Mainly due to having a 1 and 2 year old at home :rolleyes: so all footage in the video is from work based flights.

I will also be hoping to ask for some advice in the near future, but for now, please find the video on the link below.

Thanks in advance.

Midge

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to grab some feedback from all my fellow peers on here.

I am a PFCO holder, and I have only used My Mavic 2 Pro for work (I am a Wedding Videographer/Corporate Videographer!).

Unfortunately I haven't really had much of a chance to fly for fun. Mainly due to having a 1 and 2 year old at home :rolleyes: so all footage in the video is from work based flights.

I will also be hoping to ask for some advice in the near future, but for now, please find the video on the link below.

Thanks in advance.

Midge
Wow! Very impressive! This is exactly the level of videography that I'm striving to achieve. I have a long, long way to get there as I'm still trying to figure out this whole video editing thing, but that's another story. Great video!

Wow! Very impressive! This is exactly the level of videography that I'm striving to achieve. I have a long, long way to get there as I'm still trying to figure out this whole video editing thing, but that's another story. Great video!

Thanks so much.

I work mainly as a Video Editor professionally, so thankfully that's the element I am happy/most comfortable with. I still have a long way to go as a Pilot though! And will begin to pick brains soon ?

If you ever need any video editing advice or anything, let me know/drop me a message and I am always more than happy to help.

Thanks again for you kind words.

Good stuff!

I liked the zoom transitions - they worked well. How did you get the drone to fly backwards on the bike shot? I can do that with waypoints but active track doesn't like me for some reason.

Hello. Thanks, I was worrying the zoom transitions were too OTT.

I did the bike freehand in P mode. That small clip is the only bit that worked! The edit has cut out all the mistakes (which there were many).

I have still to use ActiveTrack or Waypoints. I mainly use POI for everything!

Thanks again.

Thanks so much.

I work mainly as a Video Editor professionally, so thankfully that's the element I am happy/most comfortable with. I still have a long way to go as a Pilot though! And will begin to pick brains soon ?

If you ever need any video editing advice or anything, let me know/drop me a message and I am always more than happy to help.

Thanks again for you kind words.
Thanks for the offer! You may be sorry you said that! ? ? ?

I did the bike freehand in P mode. That small clip is the only bit that worked! The edit has cut out all the mistakes (which there were many).

I have still to use ActiveTrack or Waypoints. I mainly use POI for everything!

Thanks again.

This is the sort of thing you can do with waypoints. It was done with my old DJI Spark and I had to be very careful with the route because it didn't have back sensors so would happily reverse into things. Thankfully it was tough!

It was for my daughter's friends wedding. It was on private land, all around me knew what was happening. I was pilot, and I had an assistant behind me warning the traffic. I had the landowners permission. I had to do it all over again when the biker gang arrived :)

This is the sort of thing you can do with waypoints. It was done with my old DJI Spark and I had to be very careful with the route because it didn't have back sensors so would happily reverse into things. Thankfully it was tough!

It was for my daughter's friends wedding. It was on private land, all around me knew what was happening. I was pilot, and I had an assistant behind me warning the traffic. I had the landowners permission. I had to do it all over again when the biker gang arrived :)

Great work! So are waypoints a pre-plotted Path?

looks really nice and great footage for a Wedding Edit. I’d love to do this on a wedding shoot however as soon as the bride gets out the car i would be running around like a madman!

May I ask what you edit with? I'm looking for an editor that has speed ramp functionality and as I'm just starting out it'd be nice to get the ball rolling on the best platform.

Reactions: Midge001
May I ask what you edit with? I'm looking for an editor that has speed ramp functionality and as I'm just starting out it'd be nice to get the ball rolling on the best platform.

Hi Mykie,

Thanks mate.

I edit on Premiere Pro, it's a great widely used non-linear editing system. I would like to advance to DaVinci Resolve (I believe there is a free version that does not support 4k called DaVinci Resolve Lite). DaVinci is known for its superior colour grading abilities.

The transitions were actually from a Transition pack purchased from a company called Vamify. (+500 Seamless Video Transitions).

Premiere does have speed-ramp (or time remapping) functions though!

Midge

Reactions: Mykie
I edit on Premiere Pro, it's a great widely used non-linear editing system. I would like to advance to DaVinci Resolve (I believe there is a free version that does not support 4k called DaVinci Resolve Lite). DaVinci is known for its superior colour grading abilities.

Thanks for the information.

Reactions: Midge001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun