DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my first crash

Dann

Reactions
Hello guys, today I was using gesture mode to take some picts in my front yard at 10 feet over the ground then my battery goes to 30 I move a little to the right to grab the controller then I just want to ban to the left but pilot mistake because the mavic are in from of me so I move the right stick to the left and the mavic goes to the side of the wall and crash down facing the nose in the concrete .
I check the camera sees to be ok but crack the downside little holder that holds the plate of the camera and the propellers and the front nose I power on the mavic to see is fine and hover good and camera just to be working ok I have calibrate vision sensors on on the app so I calibrate via dji assistand 2 all of that went good!
I not have yet do a full fly tomorrow I will try to see how it does
my concern is the front nose impact because I dont have refresh care I want and need to know how to fix it or how much will cost because to my I want cosmetic back to original condition and I have another concern front nose top plastic is separate a little from the bottom and want to now if I fly If i will have problem with the air just come inside

I will attach some pictures let me know
and thanks

1496194392693.jpg1496194399140.jpg1496194406399.jpg1496194415289.jpg1496194418934.jpg

If you want to fly it now, just put a piece of duct tape over the space between the top and bottom cover so air cant get it. Make sure not to cover the sensor with the tape.

These are pictures of the parts you will need to fix it. The little tab and the top body are easy to fix. The middle frame is alot of work and it takes a long time to change it. It's like doing a heart transplant.

1.jpg

Top chassis top view 2.jpg Middle chassis 2.jpg

Tab.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
yeah the middle frame is full body I have the broken piece tab of the gimbal I can glue again I think but ... the top body I will close flat to the middle frame with a little work??.. because what I see in this picture middle frame is a lot of work my man I only need that the top close nice with the middle frame..

yeah the middle frame is full body I have the broken piece tab of the gimbal I can glue again I think but ... the top body I will close flat to the middle frame with a little work??.. because what I see in this picture middle frame is a lot of work my man I only need that the top close nice with the middle frame..

Replacing the top body is not too hard.

Sorry for yoru crash, but well, some scars here and there are not too bad.
It shows character and experience. (well I told that to myself everyday when looking at the mirror !!)

Rob,

What is the "technical" name for that black (metal)? piece that has the broken tab above? My tab is also broken completely off and I was considering replacing that part.

How much does that part cost? Shipping cost?

You say that part is "easy to replace". I have never attempted a repair on the mavic, but I've done some fairly detailed electronic repair on computers and synthesizers, so I think I can handle it.
Can you define "easy" a little more for me?
Will I need any special tools?

Oddly enough, I've had just 1 crash (on Day #1 with the mavic) about 5 months ago, and I'm assuming that's when the tab broke off. But I've never had a problem with the gimbal. I didn't even notice it was broken off until a couple of weeks ago. My gimbal seems to work just fine - horizon and all. So I'm tempted to leave it alone and let that tab stay broken. But now that I know it's broken it's kinda buggin' me, so I think I'm ready to replace this part just for piece of mind.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tray

Reactions: Islandguy27
thanks stratos for your words!! yeah I can live with some scars in my mavic; but the little problem is the top cover that no seal with the middle frame and have some space that maybe air came inside I want to be preventive so I want to know if I can repaired the top and middle frame and the space can close.
what I see is not very difficult but have to open the top frame to see I can close with the middle.. let me know

I can try myself to see top cover close an not have to buy a new one but also need the price of top piece I plan to leave the middle frame as it but how many will dji cost me without refresh care...
thanks again
Danny

hi thunderdrones you can tell me uf I can just open the top body a little and trying to a line up with the middle frame just to close the little gap of space that the mavic have??..

thank you for your comments
sincerely Danny

Rob,

What is the "technical" name for that black (metal)? piece that has the broken tab above? My tab is also broken completely off and I was considering replacing that part.

How much does that part cost? Shipping cost?

You say that part is "easy to replace". I have never attempted a repair on the mavic, but I've done some fairly detailed electronic repair on computers and synthesizers, so I think I can handle it.
Can you define "easy" a little more for me?
Will I need any special tools?

Oddly enough, I've had just 1 crash (on Day #1 with the mavic) about 5 months ago, and I'm assuming that's when the tab broke off. But I've never had a problem with the gimbal. I didn't even notice it was broken off until a couple of weeks ago. My gimbal seems to work just fine - horizon and all. So I'm tempted to leave it alone and let that tab stay broken. But now that I know it's broken it's kinda buggin' me, so I think I'm ready to replace this part just for piece of mind.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tray
I believe it's called the Gimble Plate. I replaced mine about a month ago. To do it right (at least for me) I had to take the case apart, remove the ribbon cable for the camera and remove the entire gimble assembly. It's pretty easy. I bought the plate from Alibaba but that was before I knew people here had them for sale. Mine cost me about $11 and that included the shipping.

I think this is the video I watched to get my mind around how to get this done:

The iFixit tools came in very handy because the case is not very easy to open.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS