DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My first flight over a snowy landscape

mattitech07

Reactions
I've always wanted to fly my drone over a snowy landscape, and today this dream finally came true. I was a little worried about the ice forming on the propellers, so at half of the flight I landed to check the props, but no ice. So I continued flying, then it started to snow, it was a pretty light snow at first so I continued flying but then it started to intensify so I landed the drone. Here's the shots I've got. I also have a video in d-cinelike, I tried to color grade it a little bit, the colors of the result are nice, but there's too much noise and I don't know how to reduce it.
What do you think of the shots? How can I remove some noise in the video?

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230121_173406_670_1674318928182_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20230121_173406_670_1674318928182_photo.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 81
  • dji_fly_20230121_173550_674_1674318993731_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20230121_173550_674_1674318993731_photo.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 78
  • dji_fly_20230121_173204_668_1674322953071_pano.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 24
  • dji_fly_20230121_173648_675_1674319019837_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20230121_173648_675_1674319019837_photo.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 78
Nice photos! I didn't see a video.

Reactions: mattitech07
I've always wanted to fly my drone over a snowy landscape, and today this dream finally came true. I was a little worried about the ice forming on the propellers, so at half of the flight I landed to check the props, but no ice. So I continued flying, then it started to snow, it was a pretty light snow at first so I continued flying but then it started to intensify so I landed the drone. Here's the shots I've got. I also have a video in d-cinelike, I tried to color grade it a little bit, the colors of the result are nice, but there's too much noise and I don't know how to reduce it.
Some very cool shots, I specially like the shot with the sun setting.

Awesome! :)

These images are all great!

Dale

If Dale thinks they’re good you’ve got it right. His work is always spot on. I agree with him and the others above. Lovely work and such a photogenic location. Well done.

If shooting stills then there is a way to remove the noise with software. Two good ones to look at are ON1-RAW and the other is Topaz Labs for noise reduction. I see no one has yet answered you regarding noise, but there is probably a way to do it in video as well. Nice photos, by the way.

If shooting stills then there is a way to remove the noise with software. Two good ones to look at are ON1-RAW and the other is Topaz Labs for noise reduction. I see no one has yet answered you regarding noise, but there is probably a way to do it in video as well. Nice photos, by the way.
I own and love Topaz DeNoiseAI , a noise reducer for still images.
Vic VideoPic from Italy highly recommends Neat video for video noise reduction, and you might also consider Topaz Video AI. Hopefully, the links below will work.

Dale
Miami

W/ Topaz Video AI - Enhancing Footage Up To 8K
Ad·https://www.topazlabs.com/

Turn Your Low-res Videos Into 8k Quality With Video AI Optimized for Your Hardware. Achieve High-end Results for Video Upscaling, Denoising, Deinterlacing and Restoration.

Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video​

https://www.neatvideo.com

Neat Video is a powerful video editing plug-in designed to reduce digital noise, flicker and other imperfections. It is an extremely effective way to clean up ...

Download · ‎Purchase · ‎Video tutorials · ‎Neat Video 5.5.5

Attachments

• 1674408195199.png
    1674408195199.png
    349 bytes · Views: 8
  • 1674408195154.png
    1674408195154.png
    349 bytes · Views: 7
  • 1674408195110.png
    1674408195110.png
    349 bytes · Views: 6
  • 1674408195065.png
    1674408195065.png
    349 bytes · Views: 8
Vic VideoPic from Italy highly recommends Neat video for video noise reduction, and you might also consider Topaz Video AI. Hopefully, the links below will work.

Dale
Miami
Turn Your Low-res Videos Into 8k Quality With Video AI Optimized for Your Hardware. Achieve High-end Results for Video Upscaling, Denoising, Deinterlacing and Restoration.

Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video

Neat Video is a powerful video editing plug-in designed to reduce digital noise, flicker and other imperfections. It is an extremely effective way to clean up ...

Thanks for the suggestion, is there a free trial that allows me to denoise a video every now and then?

I am not sure but if you go on each web site you might find a trial subscription, or one with a watermark until you pay. Give each website a try! And please report back to the forum.
The Neat video de noise was highly recommended by Vic Videopic, a respected contributor of this forum and an amazing. drone videographer who produces fantastically good drone videos.
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 2.52.21 PM.png

Dale
Miami

Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video

Your PNGs are not viewable, for some reason.

Your PNGs are not viewable, for some reason.
Vic VideoPIC.jpg
Cymruflyer

Let me know if you can see this one- I converted it to jpg. I am not sure these are active links. But if you really want to view them (they are excellent) go to Vic's web site or Google Vic Video PIC noise reduction for video. Hope this helps you. I had a look once or twice at Neat Video but it costs over $100 so I didn't buy it. Vic swears by it.

Dale

Oh I saw those easily enough, they were clickable links. However, there were 4 separate PNG files with dots above them, that was also included with the two viewable files. Their ending file numbers were 55, 94, 10 and 65. I thought they may be some photo files or something.

Oh I saw those easily enough, they were clickable links. However, there were 4 separate PNG files with dots above them, that was also included with the two viewable files. Their ending file numbers were 55, 94, 10 and 65. I thought they may be some photo files or something.
For sake of completeness, I looked this up for you. I was wrong on the price. It costs $74.90. www.neatvideo.com

Dale
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 5.59.11 PM.png

I am not sure but if you go on each web site you might find a trial subscription, or one with a watermark until you pay. Give each website a try! And please report back to the forum.
The Neat video de noise was highly recommended by Vic Videopic, a respected contributor of this forum and an amazing. drone videographer who produces fantastically good drone videos.
View attachment 159799
I downloaded a demo of the program and I would want to try it to see if it is enough for me. But I don't know how to install it on Davinci Resolve 17, I'm a newbie with this program and I haven't found a guide that I was able to understand. Do you by any chance use Davinci Resolve and know how to install it? Thank you.
I'll keep searching for other guides and see if I understand it.

I downloaded a demo of the program and I would want to try it to see if it is enough for me. But I don't know how to install it on Davinci Resolve 17, I'm a newbie with this program and I haven't found a guide that I was able to understand. Do you by any chance use Davinci Resolve and know how to install it? Thank you.
I'll keep searching for other guides and see if I understand it.
I don't use Da Vinci but usually this is a plug in that you can open from a tab in Da Vinci. If I were to buy this I would download it and look around the desktop and the Da Vinci template to find it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S